My basement is getting redone, and half of it is going to be my music room. I am afraid of floods destroying my stuff, so to elevate my equipment, I am going to get two wall hangers and an amp stand. The thing is, one of my basses is a six string, and I doubt they would fit on most wall hangers due to the very wide neck. Anyone know a good wall hanger that is wide enough for a six string bass? Also, for the amp stand, are there any that have a rack underneath or above the arms to keep my power head? I like to keep the head as close to the cabinet as possible to eliminate the need to have more long cables going around the room, as well as needing to buy a new speaker cable (I'm using a 1 foot now, because I keep my head on the speaker cabinet). Anyone know any of these items that suit these needs?
Make sure a standard wall hanger won't suit your bass before you look for something specialty. My local music store has some bigger basses sitting in standard wall hangers, but i'm not sure if there are any 6 string ones. And for the amp stand, what's preventing you from still sitting your head on top of your cab?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
for wall hangers, i bought a bunch of these.

http://www.amazon.com/String-Swing-Wood-Guitar-Hanger/dp/B0002GLCRC

some of my guitars had thin headstocks (tele, strats) some had wide, (acoustics, lp) and i was able to adjust the prongs more open or closed to accommodate each guitar.

i contacted the company, to make sure this wouldnt ruin the integrity of the hanger. they assured me that it it was forged steel and would not negatively effect the structure of the hangers, which is why they are able to instruct to adjust the fork to size, on each package.

ive got heads on cabs. but there are a few good adjust-tilt stands for about $50 worth buying.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Make sure a standard wall hanger won't suit your bass before you look for something specialty. My local music store has some bigger basses sitting in standard wall hangers, but i'm not sure if there are any 6 string ones. And for the amp stand, what's preventing you from still sitting your head on top of your cab?

All the amp stands I've seen are angled back.
^Ah, i guess i should've thought that through. I've seen stands that sit straight up, but i'm quite partial to the angled ones. I really like how they project sound. But yeah, pick up one that you can adjust the tilt like jenny mentioned.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...