Well since toomorrow im getting my electric finally im having some serious toughs in my head and its that how's the weight of a Les Paul Classic.

Is the body heavier than the neck or the contrary? or is the weight relative and they weight the same (neck and body altogether) or just tell me those LP users out there how you see your LP weights :S

I know is some sort of odd question but another issue i got is that can the LP classic sound sorta distorted with no pedals and a clean sounding amp? Because i think i saw one sounding like that 0.0
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
it getting distorted on a clean channel depends on the gain you have that channel set to. you can always just roll off the volume on the pickups.

the weight will be in the ballpark of 9-11 pounds and i haven't played a lp that had any neck dive before.
The neck diver is an SG not a Les Paul. With the considerable weight of an LP being mainly in the body itself, the guitar hangs naturally at a comfortable angle with the headstock raised slightly. While some gripe about the weight increase, the LP is really only 2-3 LBS heavier than a good Strat.
With its higher output from the humbuckers compared to many single coils PUs, it's easier to get a natural overdrive from a cranked amplifier. When I sold my American Strat (Gold Fender Lace PUs) and switched to my Elitist LPs (Goldtop & LP PLus) I noticed the output was quite a bit louder for any given setting and more distorted for overdrive settings too.
As KenG said i noticed that extra weight and said what da fluff? but for me its compensated on the self angle (loved the angle it auto gets on 0.0) it gets and that punchy loud tone i liked pretty much specially for me type of music hehe.

At first i tough that was weird so thats why i asked and now i see that normal hehe so im going for it even more tomorrow I CANT WAIT!!

Is this a gibby LP classic? if it is, it has high output pups, which would sensibly be able to OD an amp on clean.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Is this a gibby LP classic? if it is, it has high output pups, which would sensibly be able to OD an amp on clean.

Its an epiphone LP classic with quilt top, its really beautiful IMO that i just want to grab it despite anything xD.

So tell me if this one can do it since the store is closed and i cant go play it just to see it (3 minutes away just walking xD) so yeah... tell me if it can OD with no pedals or anything, i would love that xD (and also how to do it on this guitar hehe)

I'm pretty sure this has alnico pups, probs not as hot as the ones on a gibby lp classic, which are ceramic. You could always upgrade after you buy it tho.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the Epis dont have the same pickups as a Gibson LP classic. Theres a 500T in the bridge and a 498 R in the neck which is the highest output pups that gibson has. They scream and do break up a clean channel... Just roll off the volume pot and you get a sweet clean sound. Especcially in the middle position.
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Last edited by LesPaulFreeek at Mar 16, 2008,