Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a new axe. A few of the pre-requisites I'm looking for are...

1. Price range of $500-700 roughly.

2. Floyd rose, or Floyd-like tremolo. (no bad knockoffs)

3. Shredding power!!! (low action, fast neck)

4. Good metal sound, nice for other types of music though (jazz, blues, classical)

I've really been interested in Jacksons lately. Played a few at my local guitar center and this one seems to be what fits the bill...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=511668

I really liked the tremolo, seemed to be pretty solid for a jackson licensed. The seymour duncan pickups really held the crunchy powerchords and soloiong in those high registers really screamed. It seemed like a really versitile axe and the price is just right. (649)

Anyways, some of my friends have been telling me that I might be better off with an ESP-Ltd or an Ibanez for the same price. Anyone have any suggestions, or comments on the DK2 Jackson to help me out?
i have the dk2m, which is basically the same, but it just has 2 humbuckers.... a jb in the bridge, and a jazz one in the neck... its an awesome guitar, id recommend it.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I was rececntly in a store trying out guitars in that exact same range, just for the fun of it. I found that the Jacksons were the best out of those three brandsd in the price range. They had good necks and generally good pick ups, and were also made of good materials.

I found the Ibanez guitars in that range felt very poor, and had low end pickups. In fact the only Ibanez guitars that I liked the feel of at all were two prestige models and a JEM.

The ESP/LTDs were alright, but I didn't like the feel of them as much as the Jackson's. I found that the ESPs above $1000 felt good, but in the $500-700 range they were beaten in "feel" by the Jackson's, particularly a DKMG.

Also, the majority of the Jackson's in that range that I played were Dinky's, so if you haven't guessed I am going to give my vote to that DK2.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
i have the dk2m, which is basically the same, but it just has 2 humbuckers.... a jb in the bridge, and a jazz one in the neck... its an awesome guitar, id recommend it.

I did play that guitar as well. Really liked the look of the white model. Seemed to play ok but I couldn't really tell as it was not setup well at all. The DK2 was in a much more playable state so I suppose my opinion could be skewed. Plus, I like having a single coil in the neck.
Quote by Blackballed
I was rececntly in a store trying out guitars in that exact same range, just for the fun of it. I found that the Jacksons were the best out of those three brandsd in the price range. They had good necks and generally good pick ups, and were also made of good materials.

I found the Ibanez guitars in that range felt very poor, and had low end pickups. In fact the only Ibanez guitars that I liked the feel of at all were two prestige models and a JEM.

The ESP/LTDs were alright, but I didn't like the feel of them as much as the Jackson's. I found that the ESPs above $1000 felt good, but in the $500-700 range they were beaten in "feel" by the Jackson's, particularly a DKMG.

Also, the majority of the Jackson's in that range that I played were Dinky's, so if you haven't guessed I am going to give my vote to that DK2.

I see. I agree with you on the ESP end. I've played my friend's ESP M-1 and it is a beutiful thing. But of all the Ltd ESP's that I have played in the past, I really have not been too impressed.