Okay, so I'm in a beginning band, we're currently writing and looking to record an EP.

So my drummer gives me these guys: http://www.slr-studios.com/ as a studio we could go to.

Go to contact, and you'll see their prices.

Now, they don't seem terrible, but $40 a song for mixing? That's the kinda cash I'd shell out only for a second album, not even close to a first EP.

And on top of that, the studio just gives off the whole alt. rock, quasi-grunge
atmosphere that makes me want to puke.

I mean, we're a band that tries their hardest to sound likee if the Ramones had a baby with The Cars. Like The Aquabats without the ska.

And he wants us to record here?

Can I get some back-up here?
Last edited by original=punk at Mar 16, 2008,
I recorded at my school for free....
It's not the best of quality, but it works.
I have nothing witty to say here at the moment

Expect a change soon
$40 a track sounds quite cheap. If it's your first EP why not just download a copy of Cubase and do it yourself?
That's quite cheap. On my first EP we had three tracks and paid £500.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by original=punk

And on top of that, the studio just gives off the whole alt. rock, quasi-grunge
atmosphere that makes me want to puke.

I mean, we're a band that tries their hardest to sound likee if the Ramones had a baby with The Cars. Like The Aquabats without the ska.

And he wants us to record here?
Can I get some back-up here?

So absolutely nothing like the Aquabats? Or do you dress up as superheros?

Anyway, just find a different studio. After all, there's gotta be someplace cheaper which does an equally good job.

EDIT: Why not just download audacity or cubase or fruity loops and record it for free on a computer?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Mixing costs quite a lot. £20 for a track doesn't seem too bad.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
We originally recorded our tracks in his basement, and they osunded pretty damn good for bieng literally recorded in the basement, jsut bringing in mics, a tiny mixer and recording vocals in liek a closet.

But he's a little bitch.

and it's $40 to master the track, not including recording time, mixing, editing, ect.

EDIT: everything else, mixing, editiing, recording, is all basically $50/$55 dollars an hour.

and also, have you heard Fashion Zombies? Yeah, that's the aquabats, without the ska. What a freaking suprise? Not really, because they're a new wave band.
It would probably be cheaper if you just did it yourself.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

My band's recording their first EP too. It's $10 an hour and $30 for mastering each song.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by original=punk

and also, have you heard Fashion Zombies? Yeah, that's the aquabats, without the ska. What a freaking suprise? Not really, because they're a new wave band.

Calm down, I was kidding...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
$40 p/track is VERY cheap. Most bands shell out at least £150 ($300) for a first EP of about 4 tracks
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
It looks like you're going to have to write a couple really long songs.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Yakult
$40 p/track is VERY cheap. Most bands shell out at least £150 ($300) for a first EP of about 4 tracks

Let me say this for the third time. THAT PRICE IS JUST FOR MIXING. THERE ARE ADDITIONAL PRCIES. IF YOU HAD READ MY OTHER POSTS AND GONE TO THE LINK, YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT.

I apologize for the "caps lock is cruise ocntrol for cool" thing i just did there, but bigger letters are usually read. And I'm really tired of having to say this three times.
Quote by original=punk
Let me say this for the third time. THAT PRICE IS JUST FOR MIXING. THERE ARE ADDITIONAL PRCIES. IF YOU HAD READ MY OTHER POSTS AND GONE TO THE LINK, YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT

I apologize for the "caps lock is cruise ocntrol for cool" thing i just did there, but bigger letters are usually read. And I'm really tired of having to say this three times.

Embolden and enlarge and enredden the "just for mixing" in the OP. People should get the point.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Lol xD yeah either you make 1 song of 2 songs you already written, or search somewhere cheaper.....

i thinks its not such a bad idea to do it yourself =O
buy a little mixer it may go well =)
->i think its expensive btw<-
Practice lots. Then you'll record all the tracks on the first take, and it'll be cheap.
Although if you suck, this won't work.
Quote by original=punk
Let me say this for the third time. THAT PRICE IS JUST FOR MIXING. THERE ARE ADDITIONAL PRCIES. IF YOU HAD READ MY OTHER POSTS AND GONE TO THE LINK, YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT.

Even if it's just for mixing. It's pretty damn cheap, get a job or save up and record. Getting a proper EP is pretty expensive.