i bought a kingston 2gb micro sd card the other day. for some reason my computer and camera only recognize 1gb of space on it in total, however, when i put it in my phone, it says it has 2gb total but 1gb is being used. i reformatted the card many times in fat and fat32, so there is def nothing on the card. help? thanks.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Send it back and get a new one.

If you didn't buy it on Newegg, shame on you for supporting the store in multiplying the price in which they should sell it by 100000x.
of course i got it on newegg. it was only $15 and it came with sd, mini sd, and usb micro adapters, so ill just take the hit and keep it as a 1gb card and keep the adapters. so i dont care if i can fix this or not, its just inconvenient.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
when you're formatting the card, what kind of device is the card plugged in to? a buddy of mine had the exact same problem as you. he was using one of those usb card readers, but the drivers were all fubar. he updated the drivers for his usb card reader and everything was fixed. you can also try to use your camera's format card option if it is available to you. i still don't know why exactly this happens; i made a FAT16/FAT32 driver a few years back and the symptoms that i've seen from you and my friend don't make sense to me. good luck
HA. i reformatted it using the camera and all is good now. thanks man, i didnt think of that idea haha.

/thread
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30