I want to move up from my terrible practice amp and the Fender Blues Deluxe appealed to me. I want to buy an amp i can use for a long time so i don't want to buy something that won't do me well in a band or generally. Do you have any other recommendations if this amp doesn't fit in with my needs?
I thought the name of the amp might of given away the type of music i play. Well i play Blues, Classic Rock and some other things but mainly Blues and Classic Rock.
And budget doesn't matter right now as ill just save up till i can afford the amp i want.
It's a great amp. It can get pretty loud too but you don't have to crank at way up to obtain a decent tone (like with the DeVille). The maintenance is no big deal, you're just gonna have to change the tubes every once in a while

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If the Blues Deluxe doesn't suit you (which I can't imagine it will) there's still things like a Peavey Classic 30, Marshall JCM of some kind, maybe a Traynor. After that it gets to a whole new level of quality and price.

If you can get into second hand it'll be a whole new world though.
The overdrive is the worst I've heard on that thing. The Hotrod would be better for classic rock imo.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
except that the hotrod's overdrive is even worse than the blues deluxe, though its all a matter of taste if its bad at all
The modern Fender amps (blues and hotrods) have bad OD.
If you want good OD, get a peavey classic.
but, the fenders have slightly better cleans.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have the blues deluxe and i love the clean but i always use pedals for my OD/distortion.

I would recommend it

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Crankable, which means you get natural overdrive from turning it up high, without earshattering volumes.
Well, I really don't believe in using OD pedals for my main source of OD. It's fake OD.
I do use an overdrive pedal to push my amp harder, but never for the sole source of OD.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I've been looking for a LONG time, been persuaded to think about many things. I think I'll be buyin a Peavey Classic 30, basically because its more versatile and has the right foot switch set up I'm after.

If you want less versatility I'd say get a Orange Tiny Terror and an Avatar 2x12 or possibly a Traynor