are their any free programs that allow me to plug my guitar into the microphone port of my computer and that will amplify it and have built in effects like distortion and such. im looking for something to keep me busy, i blew out my practice amp and my good amp isnt with me at the time. i can plug my guitar in and i get a clean sound with like windows sound recorder but im looking for something to process that sound so i can use a programs distortion and such.

any help is great, would like something that people have used before and know works...i got no problem with getting programs illegally if i need to...haha

thanks
Guitars
Agile 3100 Lp with Floyd Rose @ SD classic blues pups
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
Digitech Tone Driver Overdrive
dunlop 535q
nothing free i believe, but theres programs like amplitude.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
i'm a yuppie, snooty, smug mac user; GarageBand is installed on my macbook. it does what you're describing, but it's only available for mac. i did a google search for "garageband for windows" and it looks like you'll get a few hits that will be a good place to start.

EDIT: actually, FL Studio looks like a really powerful program. it's not freeware, but there is a demo available from their site. i'd recommend checking it out.
Last edited by hisjap2003 at Mar 16, 2008,