So a while back I was thinking about getting either a B-52 AT-100 new or Carvin V3 used. Well the past month or so I have listened to pretty much nothing but Reggae, Blues, Ska, Some Classic Rock, and Funk and now I don't think I'll ever really go back to any Metalcore stuff so now I'm looking at getting a Peavey Classic 30 or maybe even a classic 50.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
hmm, well i guess you can't really go wrong there.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
hmm, well i guess you can't really go wrong there.

I was also looking at the Fender Hot Rod series but I heard that the overdrive sucks. I play mostly clean but I do want a decent gain channel.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Also check out the Traynor YCV series. I'm getting the YCV50 Blue pretty soon.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by soul_power
So a while back I was thinking about getting either a B-52 AT-100 new or Carvin V3 used. Well the past month or so I have listened to pretty much nothing but Reggae, Blues, Ska, Some Classic Rock, and Funk and now I don't think I'll ever really go back to any Metalcore stuff so now I'm looking at getting a Peavey Classic 30 or maybe even a classic 50.

All I can say is congrats. Metalcore is gay.

And Peavey Classic 30s are awesome. I've never used the 5o though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by soul_power
I was also looking at the Fender Hot Rod series but I heard that the overdrive sucks. I play mostly clean but I do want a decent gain channel.

oh yeah, the overdrive channel is really uhm... just terrible on that amp. before i tried it i thought it was all rumors, but wow, it's just really awkward haha.

the cleans and od together make it way more worth the money than the cleans and the od on the hot rod.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
oh yeah, the overdrive channel is really uhm... just terrible on that amp. before i tried it i thought it was all rumors, but wow, it's just really awkward haha.

the cleans and od together make it way more worth the money than the cleans and the od on the hot rod.

Really? i dont see why everyone hates the hotrod OD so much.
I dont think its bad, but its definitely different from what i'd expect (classic rock type sounds).
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
yeah, that's what i hear from some people. i dunno, it just sounded/felt like i just put a really cheap distortion pedal through the clean channel. i think it'd be a great amp if the drive was just designed a bit warmer.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Hmm, okay any other suggestions? I would really like to find a used VOX AC30 but I think it might still be out of the price range. Anyone know what they go for used?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
hm, around 800-1000 depending on condition. seems like they're in high demand used.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Dude, you should get an amp that has good cleans and good distortion. This happens to me alot (changing musical directions) it gets really annoying sometimes, but it is also really cool because your more versatile than everyone else. I'm willing to bet that you will eventually go back to metal/metalcore. You will just go back, and listen to all the new stuff youve picked up. So dont go all ape**** and get an amp with ****ty distortion, or an amp thats only good for cleans. Get a versatile amp.
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
I'd say get a carvin V3. used of course.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer