i posted a thread on this yesterday but it failed miserably probably becuase of a misleading thread title, so here we go....
there are about 100 scratches from my belt on the back and a few chips in the laquer on the top, from the where i hit it on the metal part of the rollers on my desk they have not gone through to the wood though, soo to get to the point, depending on how my S series goes when i refinish it, i've been thinking of re finishing my les paul, it has a tobbaco/ cherry sunburst flame top at the moment and was wondering if you could post some pictures of what trans finish you think looks good on a les paul, i really need some help deciding on a colour scheme, ive been thinking of that denim look,

or maybe an amber/yellow/natural like these,

PLEASE dont post things saying ' you can repair the dings' or ' scratches give character.

but i'd really appreciate it if you could post your ideas to help me decide as i dont want to go sanding down my les paul before i know what i want.

thankyou in advance

edit: heres what it looks like at the moment
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Last edited by admbwr at Mar 16, 2008,
what about the top one in orange?

or the one below in blue?

Last edited by JvL at Mar 16, 2008,
^ its not just between these two if you have anything you think looks better post away.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
did you seriously count all the sratches you have?

oh, and i have nothing to say.
^ yeah i have been thinking of doing black but in the form of a trans finish, but i want something which looks amazing, also im changing the binding to suit whatever style i choose, keep the ideas coming people there greta up to now.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
spalted Maple?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
any more? theres gotta be some gorgeous ones out there, i can't seem to find any though
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
JvL that finish is niiiiice

and yeah admbwbrbwrbwrbb or w.e your name is you could try doing a crazy Ormsby type 2 color burst with them candy lacquers etc.

(I think people should bare in mind that his LP already has a flame maple top, so other wood type finishes are kinda outa the question lol)

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
^ like my sig lol that made me laugh so much.

i would love a finish like that, and then i'd put in some green abalone ( or whatever its called) inlays in and it would look sweeeet as hell, ill have to ask ormsby how he did that.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
haha love it!

I think its something like you stain on the inner burst and then spray on the top or something, I dunno. Yeh ask some one else

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man