Well... i still have a 4 year old acoustic guitar and it looks reallllyyyyy nasty. theres dents and scratches all over it.... so i have decided to give it a new look. here is what im going to do and what i need to know.

What im doing
1) paint it black
2) put stickers all over the dents

What i need to know
1) Can i use spray paint
2) How can i get the barnish off with out sanding it. i'm afraid to sand it cuz since the wood on it is thing and ****.
3) any other tips on how to paint or to remove the dents

Please help me
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ It's a-me, Mario!
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Quote by MXBoy11
Can you show us a picture of what it looks like now?

I'm with him... It sounds like you are just gonna F' it up even more. Scratches and dents are character! Look at SRV's strat, Willie Nelson's acoustic, or Richie Haven's acoustic!
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
sure... ill post a picture later, dont really have a camera with me now. but anyway... about the stickers i was thinking like putting just like my band's logo and maybe skulls and **** idk...
and sadly i think the dents are an eye sore
yeah... but personally i wanted my guitar to be black rather than the brown-ish color it is
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Threads like this make me sad...

Doing any of the mods you are talking about will hurt the tone of your guitar. If you think it sounds bad already you are just going to make it sound worse. If you like the tone right now, you won't by the time you are done.

I suggest you just leave it alone.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Threads like this make me sad...

Doing any of the mods you are talking about will hurt the tone of your guitar. If you think it sounds bad already you are just going to make it sound worse. If you like the tone right now, you won't by the time you are done.

I suggest you just leave it alone.

How does PAINTING it affect the sound?

Anyway... instead of asking what it looks like... can someone please asnwer my questions... but either way... ill post the pictures later
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Quote by JosephBerger
How does PAINTING it affect the sound?

Anyway... instead of asking what it looks like... can someone please asnwer my questions... but either way... ill post the pictures later

On an acoustic, the sound is made from the top vibrating. painting it will change how the top moves, creating a loss in tone.

To answer your questions:
1) Yes, but you'll need a clear coat over it.
2) Scuff sand it so the paint'll stick.
3) See the ultimate painting and re-finishing thread for help on painting.

But anyways, I agree with everything CorduroyEW said. I wouldn't recomend painting it..
As a little fact to add to this thread also.. Classical guitars (proper ones) are made to only have a short life-span.. Because they're made light and thin to make them really resonant.

But yes TS your guitar will sound like crap if you paint it.. and it will probably look silly anyway. Just leave it how it is and buy an electric guitar to mod of you want to paint something black with skullz for teh br00talz.
mmm alright

i think im going to paint it... cuz really my guitar is already a piece a cr@p soo ehhh!
Thanks
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter