What are some songs you want a band you know to cover?

I would honestly would like to see some Nu-Metal band like Slipknot cover "New Millenium Cyanide Christ" by Meshuggah.

Anyone else's ideas?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by sashki
Slayer covers "Pride and Joy"

E|--0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-0--0-0-

Reel Big Fish cover any metal band to be honest.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
deathklock cover of "american girl"
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
6:00- Jack Johnson
Flake- Dream theater

I wanna c heavy music and light music be swapped. This should be interesting
any band on the face of the earth (except led zep, of course) --> covers stairway, BUT does a good job. then i'll be impressed
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
Jimi doing Pride and Joy would've been awesome (And I reckon he would've played it).

Or Muse doing Holiday in Cambodia, because muse would tottaly weird it out, and it'd be awesome.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by sevenatenine
6:00- Jack Johnson
Flake- Dream theater

I wanna c heavy music and light music be swapped. This should be interesting

Um Dream Theater has already mastered light music. Have you not heard "The Answer Lies Within," "Solitary Shell," "The Spirit Carries On," and many others?

Anyway I think every band should just give up and start covering Dream Theater since pretty much no one else except for themselves will reach their level anyway.
k this is actually somthing ive been thinking about for a while

metallica should cover nicklebacks never again.

i know, nickleback is a terrible pussy band, and these lyrics dont suit them, which is why metallica should do it
just give me a fender and let me rip
Um Dream Theater has already mastered light music. Have you not heard "The Answer Lies Within," "Solitary Shell," "The Spirit Carries On," and many others?

Anyway I think every band should just give up and start covering Dream Theater since pretty much no one else except for themselves will reach their level anyway.

ya i know i know. I guess that was a bad example
Quote by slash_angus_VH
any band on the face of the earth (except led zep, of course) --> covers stairway, BUT does a good job. then i'll be impressed

It would be difficult because when trying to play it live the hardest part would be staying awake for the members of the band and they would all would fall asleep before they finish due to the sheer boringness of the song.

Seriously though, that song is ****ing boring as hell until the solo. And I love light music sometimes, but they seriously suck balls at trying to make slow songs.
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
Reel Big Fish cover any metal band to be honest.

When I saw them live, they played part of Master of Puppets, it was amazing.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by johnpetrucci05
It would be difficult because when trying to play it live the hardest part would be staying awake for the members of the band and they would all would fall asleep before they finish due to the sheer boringness of the song.

Seriously though, that song is ****ing boring as hell until the solo. And I love light music sometimes, but they seriously suck balls at trying to make slow songs.

Seriously though, you're a douche. Seriously.

Also, i'd love to hear a 20 minute prog version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I think Petrucci can handle it.
Seriously though, I would love to see Jack Johnson covering some Cannibal Corpse.

I can just see, the acoustic guitar going and him smoothly singing. "**** the headless cadevour...Cum blood...**** her with a knife...etc."
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Seriously though, you're a douche. Seriously.

Also, i'd love to hear a 20 minute prog version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I think Petrucci can handle it.

I think they do the theme or something in one of their songs, I know they do Jingle Bells in Octavarium, but that would be sweet for a whole song.
Quote by guitar_freak333
When I saw them live, they played part of Master of Puppets, it was amazing.

They did Enter Sandman and a bit of Rock You Like A Hurricane when I saw them.
And during SR, they kept going on about how they're masters of different genres and so said "MASTER. MASTER" every time.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Slayer born to be wild....oh wait.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by TheBurningFish

Or Muse doing Holiday in Cambodia, because muse would tottaly weird it out, and it'd be awesome.

I really wanna hear that.

Their versions of House of the Rising Sun and Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You are both fantastic.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by jeremessmore
coheed and cambria cover any rush song because claudio and geddy sound so similar imo

Geddy sounds like a girl

Claudio sounds like a gay guy

At least that is what I hear