Page 1 of 4
nope, not really
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I feel kind of stupid, but I'm not quite sure what war he's talking about...
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Chikitty_China

You're kidding right?
The medium is the message!
Quote by Chikitty_China

Iraq.

The winter soldiers are great men.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Iraq.

The winter soldiers are great men.

I thought Iraq. I just never heard soldiers in iraq referred to as winter soldiers.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
i bet he is talking about The Gulf war, other wise his hair wouldent be that long.
Quote by Chikitty_China
I thought Iraq. I just never heard soldiers in iraq referred to as winter soldiers.

The winter soldiers are a group containing veterans of many wars.
The newest is Iraq, which is what the video was of.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Also, I've been to MANY places in central Iraq and passed through Samawah on the way to these places: Diwaniyah, Shatrah, Najaf, Hilla, Kut, and Nasariyah to name a few. I have the pictures to prove it. The flies and mosquitoes there were bad to the point of them trying to fly on your ass when taking a ****, but they stayed around the latrines. As long as you ate a few hundred meters away from the ****ters flies didn't come near you. The few idiots that keep their distance had serious diarrhea.
jsc0311 (22 hours ago) 0 Reply
When I was there, we did everything possible to reduce collateral damage, which included storming buildings. It is a very scary thought because on average, attackers have a 70% casualty rate in urban terrain. I would have much rather called in close air support NOT MORTARS. Also, there is no such thing as "MRE pudding." Pudding does not come in MREs. However, you can make "Ranger pudding" by mixing cocoa, creamer, and water.
jsc0311 (22 hours ago) 0 Reply
From someone who has been to Iraq, and actually served in the military: mortarmen do not fire upon buildings. Depending on the situation, either grunts go and assault a hostile building or call in close air support. Mortarmen fire mortars usually to counter mortars being fired upon us. Rifleman platoons are called line units in the Marines. This guy was supposedly a soldier, so this doesn't match up.

According to him this guy is a fake any thoughts ?
Quote by GNR's Fan

I don't know who you are quoting but I can confirm MREs do not contain pudding of any sort. And "Ranger Pudding" ain't woth the effort unless you're a real sugar junkie.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by GNR's Fan

Well considering that guy provides no name and no background check and the winter soldiers do I'm more inclined to believe them.

There are stringent background checks etc to ensure they are telling the truth.
There is also more than one of them.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Wow, I am so over this stuff. How can people take all of the stuff they see and hear at face value and immediately become so resolute about it? How can you watch a video on youtube of a guy talking and let that effect your view of the world so unquestionably? Its not just about whats being said, its about who is saying it and why. Take politics for example: would you completely believe everything a politician says, and that its completely altruistic and honest? Are the presidential candidates right now saying what they're saying because its the absolute truth, and that they would die to fulfill the beliefs they advertise? I don't think so, I think they're saying what will get them and their party into office.

I just don't like how everyone is so resolute in their beliefs about the war in Iraq, when all the information that they've ever gathered about it is being given to them like food given to a pig in a trough.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Wow, I am so over this stuff. How can people take all of the stuff they see and hear at face value and immediately become so resolute about it? How can you watch a video on youtube of a guy talking and let that effect your view of the world so unquestionably? Its not just about whats being said, its about who is saying it and why. Take politics for example: would you completely believe everything a politician says, and that its completely altruistic and honest? Are the presidential candidates right now saying what they're saying because its the absolute truth, and that they would die to fulfill the beliefs they advertise? I don't, I think they're saying what will get them and their party into office.

I just don't like how everyone is so resolute in their beliefs about the war in Iraq, when all the information that they've ever gathered about it is being given to them like food given to a pig in a trough.

Go look up what the winter soldiers are about and how they make sure that everything they say is true and then come back.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Wow, I am so over this stuff. How can people take all of the stuff they see and hear at face value and immediately become so resolute about it? How can you watch a video on youtube of a guy talking and let that effect your view of the world so unquestionably? Its not just about whats being said, its about who is saying it and why. Take politics for example: would you completely believe everything a politician says, and that its completely altruistic and honest? Are the presidential candidates right now saying what they're saying because its the absolute truth, and that they would die to fulfill the beliefs they advertise? I don't think so, I think they're saying what will get them and their party into office.

Marry me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Go look up what the winter soldiers are about and how they make sure that everything they say is true and then come back.

Did you even read what I posted? I prefer not to have other people do my thinking. If I wanted to believe what the Winter Soldiers were saying, I would go to Iraq myself. I've come to the conclusion that that would be the only way to possibly know what is actually happening.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

I believe this guy more than I believe the sources that say the opposite- the government and such. We know from experience the US (Alright, all of us countries who like to pretend to be the good guys) are ruthless and care not about the lives of innocents if they can gain from it.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Did you even read what I posted? I prefer not to have other people do my thinking. If I wanted to believe what the Winter Soldiers were saying, I would go to Iraq myself. I've come to the conclusion that that would be the only way to possibly know what is actually happening.

okay, so you're saying that no one can ever know anything without seeing it for themselves. that's stupid. if i'm presented evidence by a number of sources, i put that all together into one conclusion. i understand that some are lying but that's why i require some confirmation of their credibility.

if you think that you can't have an opinion without going to iraq then go for it. i'm sure the military would love to have you.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

Okay then.
No-one is doing your thinking for you at all. They are telling you what went on and you do the thinking for yourself.
Not everyone can or will go to Iraq, and not everything that someone learns can be experienced first hand.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Blue Motion
okay, so you're saying that no one can ever know anything without seeing it for themselves. that's stupid. if i'm presented evidence by a number of sources, i put that all together into one conclusion. i understand that some are lying but that's why i require some confirmation of their credibility.

if you think that you can't have an opinion without going to iraq then go for it. i'm sure the military would love to have you.

I'm saying that there are ulterior motives everywhere in this world. What kind of evidence is making it to you, a mere citizen, through the hands of so many people, organizations, companies, etc. that is completely infallible and untampered with? A lot of those people and organizations and stuff would probably give YOUR life for an ounce of profit.

Did you ever learn about statistics in school, and see how they could be so easily manipulated? Its the same thing. How many 'statistics' from different sources that are "proving" the same results does it take to convince normal people who are concerned more about living comfortably and having fun than finding truth and truly exercising freedom?
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I'm saying that there are ulterior motives everywhere in this world. What kind of evidence is making it to you, a mere citizen, through the hands of so many people, organizations, companies, etc. that is completely infallible and untampered with? A lot of those people and organizations and stuff would probably give YOUR life for an ounce of profit.

Did you ever learn about statistics in school, and see how they could be so easily manipulated? Its the same thing. How many 'statistics' from different sources that are "proving" the same results does it take to convince normal people who are concerned more about living comfortably and having fun than finding truth and truly exercising freedom?

No statistics here to be manipulated. Just testimonies from soldiers whose truthfulness has been assured as court cases can be taken against the organization if lies are told.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Really? http://www.wintersoldier.com/
I have no doubts of the veracity of the original 100 or so vets that made their original rally in Detroit in '71. But the group was rapidly politicized and exploited. They attempted to distance themselves from the people attempting to exploit them (Jane Fonda being one that attempted to provide them financial backing) but were never quite sucessful at it. John Kerry ramrodded various appearances by the group to advance his own political agenda. The Fulbright commission held hearings and allowed them to testify and several of the original group did so however others showed up that were later proved to be frauds. So ya I came back. I've taken alot of "Winter Soldier" stuff with a grain of salt since the original group never really remained organized after 1976.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Really? http://www.wintersoldier.com/
I have no doubts of the veracity of the original 100 or so vets that made their original rally in Detroit in '71. But the group was rapidly politicized and exploited. They attempted to distance themselves from the people attempting to exploit them (Jane Fonda being one that attempted to provide them financial backing) but were never quite sucessful at it. John Kerry ramrodded various appearances by the group to advance his own political agenda. The Fulbright commission held hearings and allowed them to testify and several of the original group did so however others showed up that were later proved to be frauds. So ya I came back. I've taken alot of "Winter Soldier" stuff with a grain of salt since the original group never really remained organized after 1976.

Yep, I'm aware of all of that, but the group has had to learn from those mistakes and they have contributed to the way in which the group operated today, with strict systems for ensuring truth.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
No statistics here to be manipulated. Just testimonies from soldiers whose truthfulness has been assured as court cases can be taken against the organization if lies are told.

It was an example, dude. Just so you all know, I do not support the war. I think the energy and resources we're using up with it can be put to much better uses that will better prepare us for the future (a non-oil dependent future).

Just try to be less defensive. I see a lot of people that argue simply because someone is disagreeing with them. You'll never do yourself or anyone else any good that way. It really can almost be classified as a symptom of being brainwashed - like a computer that doesn't recognize something outside of it's programing.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Mar 16, 2008,
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Yep, I'm aware of all of that, but the group has had to learn from those mistakes and they have contributed to the way in which the group operated today, with strict systems for ensuring truth.

I am not arguing that they are "untruthful". I am not attacking your belief that they are being honest. I am stating that I don't believe them at face value any more than I believe the US govt. the Taliban or Al Quaida. I listen. I attempt to verify if possible. Only if I can find more than one source providing similar info do I start to assume that it is possible. Everybody has an agenda. Agendas are hardly ever transparent. Hence the grain of salt. I'm pretty much with Martyr's Prayer on this one.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I am not arguing that they are "untruthful". I am not attacking your belief that they are being honest. I am stating that I don't believe them at face value any more than I believe the US govt. the Taliban or Al Quaida. I listen. I attempt to verify if possible. Only if I can find more than one source providing similar info do I start to assume that it is possible. Everybody has an agenda. Agendas are hardly ever transparent. Hence the grain of salt. I'm pretty much with Martyr's Prayer on this one.

Right. I'm not trying to say they're complete liars. I said from my very post that I'm just distraught at how something on the internet about an affair on the other side of the world is taken to heart so readily. Even if there are 'systems that ensure truth,' there are people who want you to believe certain things to further their own agendas, and its more important to them that they ensure that, instead of the truth. Unfortunately they usually don't have to work very hard at it. A video of a Marine throwing a cute, cuddly puppy off a cliff is enough to cement their cause in most people.
We're only strays.
USA USA USA! I love how everyone is always out to make the USA look so terrible, atleast they dont hook up their mentally handicapped to bombs or put bombs inside of ambulances.
Quote by Jackal58
I don't know who you are quoting but I can confirm MREs do not contain pudding of any sort. And "Ranger Pudding" ain't woth the effort unless you're a real sugar junkie.

have you had the new mre chicken n dumpling its pretty goog
I pick my nose....
Quote by dannyniceboy
USA USA USA! I love how everyone is always out to make the USA look so terrible, atleast they dont hook up their mentally handicapped to bombs or put bombs inside of ambulances.

yea, they just commint genocides throughout the world, that's all
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by dannyniceboy

No, sure Guantanamo bay is a lovely place.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by blues-guitarist

When is the last time the US has committed a genocide, please provide an example.
Quote by blues-guitarist

Dude I've seen most of the threads you post and seriously, I'm not trying to sound demeaning but you seriously, really, need to spend more time off of the internet.
We're only strays.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Oh, when did you go? How was the food?
We're only strays.
Quote by dannyniceboy
When is the last time the US has committed a genocide, please provide an example.

American Indians
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Oh, when did you go? How was the food?

Not as nice as you'd think.

They had this waterboarding stuff, that was fun.
I also got to listen to Metallica really loud until my ears bled.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
American Indians

That wasn't all Americans not to mention that was over 200 years ago, England, Spain and the French, not to mention one of my best friends is a Native American. So I am almost positive that does not count as a genocide as there are still tons of Native Americans in this country.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Guatemala, Iraq, Grenade, Chile, El Salvador, Colombia, Vietnam and many more...yea, schools don't teach what they supposed to
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by 82airborne
have you had the new mre chicken n dumpling its pretty goog

No. Fortunately my lot in life allows me to consume more civilized fare now.
My nephew who is currently serving in the USMC did give me a gift of mres last Christmas. I allowed my kids to eat them. I passed. I always preferred C-Rations myself any ways.

Quote by blues-guitarist

I'll agree that yes attrocities happen. As I stated previously in a similar thread war is attrocious. Genocide? No. I would like to hear your reasoning.

Quote by Ur all $h1t

I saw it once but only briefly.And yes it appeared to be a lovely place. Looked like a good duty assignment if you were a jarhead.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by dannyniceboy
That wasn't all Americans not to mention that was over 200 years ago, England, Spain and the French, not to mention one of my best friends is a Native American. So I am almost positive that does not count as a genocide as there are still tons of Native Americans in this country.

Please read
http://www.iearn.org/hgp/aeti/aeti-1997/native-americans.html
-Homer Simpson
Page 1 of 4