Hey guys my friend let me borrow his boss pedalboard which consists of a tuner, od/distortion, dynamic wah, and a tremolo.

I really don't know anything about pedals or effects. But whats the difference between a OD and a Tubescreamer? I tried the distortion setting on the OD/Distorton pedal and it made my mesa sound like a solidstate haha. But the OD sounds nice, I'm looking to get a vintageishy tone with barely any gain just to jam on, but the tone I get from the OD I can pretty much mimic on my 3rd channel vintage voicing.. Would a tubescreamer do me any good?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I thought it pushed your tubes harder to give you a really nice OD.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Yeah.
A tubescreamer is always a help to a tube amp owner.
I'm not sure if there's a huge difference between a tubescreamer and a regular OD, but I know that Tubescreamers have a mid boost, and is usually used to boost your amp. Not sure how this is too much different from other OD's though. Maybe different natural EQ or drive texture.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
maybe an English Muff'n? it gives a nice vintage 60's tone and it has 2 preamp tubes in it. (Its a preamp boost pedal)
give me a few mins and i'll record the tones i'm getting to my profile for you guys

what do you guys think from the clips i just put up on my profile? Im using audacity and desktop mic so don't hurt me. Also, I'm just starting to play this type of music and that was the only one I remotely knew

Opinions, anyone?

so, what are you asking exactly?
Do you want to know if a tubescreamer will help you?
If so, yes. If you own a tube amp, a TS or some other OD is nice to get more gain, or to tighten up your tone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
so, what are you asking exactly?
Do you want to know if a tubescreamer will help you?
If so, yes. If you own a tube amp, a TS or some other OD is nice to get more gain, or to tighten up your tone.

I'm asking if the clips on my profile are dialed in for a nice vintage tone? Or should I consider a tube screamer to tighten it up.

up..

Guitar Gear & Accessories

but,

TS's have a warm mid boost and OD's basically have the same thing but pump some volume out.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
TubeScreamer IS an OD pedal!
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)