so i was at my uncle's the other day, and he had a guitar with an EMG 81/85 set. i had never played a guitar with EMG's before and couldn't believe it. not only were the OD sounds great but the cleans were amazing! yet i'd always heard that EMG's had terrible clean tones?
so anyways i'm thinking of putting this same 81/85 set in my V, but i would have to keep the battery under the pickguard, which could be a pain in the ass to get to. But for the sounds i heard out of them, i'd say it's worth it.

comments?

also does anyone have any experience with the EMG 81TW? the one with the single coil split
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Last edited by cerveza at Mar 16, 2008,
its always worth getting EMG's
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Quote by cerveza
...but i would have to keep the battery under the pickguard, which could be a pain in the ass to get to.

Nah, you could get a part routed out the back for this, or if theres room in the control cavity for one.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
id say go for it, i have emgs in my carvin bass (actives) and in my ibanez RG (passive) and i love the sound! now im only speaking for the bass but the batteries seem to last forever so batterie location is not to big of an issue
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Quote by amcrambler
id say go for it, i have emgs in my carvin bass (actives) and in my ibanez RG (passive) and i love the sound! now im only speaking for the bass but the batteries seem to last forever so batterie location is not to big of an issue

yeah i figured i would check the battery whenever i changed strings just to be safe and make it easier to do

Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Nah, you could get a part routed out the back for this, or if theres room in the control cavity for one.

i don't really like the idea of cutting into my beauty
there is room in the control cavity, which is where i was planning on putting it, but it's under the pickguard

As long as you unplug it when your done the battery can last about a year if you play it every day so it's not a big deal