What if you have multiple effects in an effects loop, and it is not foot-switchable? For example, you have a clean sound with separate pedals for chorus and reverb. Then, you need to ditch the chorus and reverb, switch the amp to the gain channel, and activate your EQ. Is there a faster way of doing this?
a rack effects processor... and a midi foot controler...

about 700 bucks right there
Loops. You put what you need in the loop, turn them all on, then when you activate the loop, they are all on.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Loops. You put what you need in the loop, turn them all on, then when you activate the loop, they are all on.

So is there one you can recommend to me?
boss line selector, look it up on musicians friend. really cool pedal
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Grab a A/B switch - Behringer makes a cheap one that is more then wnough - boss has one but really its all the same - or you can build one yourself, this won't save money compared to the berhinger but it is fun.
http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Behringer-AB-100-Pedal
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-AB2-2Way-Selector-Pedal?sku=151306
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
either get a loop pedal or just turn off the most obvious effect turn on the distortion on then switch everything else as you are playing,
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The boss line selector looks very interesting. I might get one.
Voodoo Labs GCX. That thing is the shit!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
ive got it!

learn to riverance or clog. people that can do that can move their feet hella fast!

edit: on a side note, i dont want to jack this thread but i saw in the GC mag a few weeks ago something that looked very similar to that pod thing that you can get w/ line 6 amps, but you just plugged in pedals to it so instead of going from pedal to pedal, "losing tone", the signal went through this thing and only out to the pedals you needed so you didnt "sacrifice tone". anyone see this/ know anything about it? this could help the TS, so yeah, its not a TOTAL hijack.

looking for a name, a price, a brand...anything.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Last edited by no1flyhalf at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by teknotard
Grab a A/B switch - Behringer makes a cheap one that is more then wnough - boss has one but really its all the same - or you can build one yourself, this won't save money compared to the berhinger but it is fun.
http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Behringer-AB-100-Pedal
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-AB2-2Way-Selector-Pedal?sku=151306

thats exactly what i had in mind. A/B switch.
Ideally what you need to do is build a midi setup, but be warned as it can very easily escalate in price to truly ludicrous levels.

Something like a Ground Control Pro and a GCX would certainly be adequate, but would give you less expansion capability and less control than if you went with something like a Rocktron All Access and an RJM RG-16. If you have REALLY deep pockets, call up CAE or Axess.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I'm pretty happy with my GT-8 with 4-Cable-Method and a MIDI Switcher... works great, sounds great... what more would you want?

This way you can put your wah and overdrives in front of the amp, modulation and reverb/delay in the loop, and still have everything switch with just one footswitch... pure bliss.