I just got some guitar parts off of ebay. they came with pickups but theyre old and fizzy. So i was wondering which pickups i should put in to replace the old ones. demensions should be 3 1/4" by 1 1/8".
I was thinking Alnico II Pros like Slash, but maybe those wouldn't work.
I'm guessing you're talking about humbuckers since you referred to Slash?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
buy some EMGs
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Quote by amcrambler
buy some EMGs

dont buy emgs...
buy alnicos.. they put them in gibsons, and gibson being the best, obviously.
No, stephen, i dont want to sound just like slash. i just like the tone that the alnico IIs can produce.
Quote by uvq
dont buy emgs...
buy alnicos.. they put them in gibsons, and gibson being the best, obviously.

wait when did gibson become the best? not saying i dont like em, but i perfer a tele over a les paul.... but that just me.... lol im talking bout teles and EMGs, weird mix of things
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Quote by amcrambler
wait when did gibson become the best? not saying i dont like em, but i perfer a tele over a les paul.... but that just me.... lol im talking bout teles and EMGs, weird mix of things

you and me both pal.
Quote by GrungeJunkie
No, stephen, i dont want to sound just like slash. i just like the tone that the alnico IIs can produce.

no you see, NOTHING will sound good through an mg, i know, i seriously know i have 1, its balls! upgrade the amp
new amp first, then worry about pickups. when u do get pickups, the alnico II is a great choice. they have alot of versatility
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by stephen_rettie
no you see, NOTHING will sound good through an mg, i know, i seriously know i have 1, its balls! upgrade the amp

good idea.
what would be a good amp for hard rock/metal distortion? (i know marshall generally is, what about specific models?)
Quote by GrungeJunkie
good idea.
what would be a good amp for hard rock/metal distortion? (i know marshall generally is, what about specific models?)

it depends totally on your pricerange, but stick to tubes, you can always stick an od in front to get just bout any tone