I found an ipod nano just laying on the floor at at my school, I wanted to keep it but I just handed it in so I wouldnt feel like a dick. Anyways the security that I handed it too said that if no-one came to claim it after two weeks, its mine. One of my friends said that they only work on the computer that it first gets music off of. I tried looking this up online to see if its true but I couldnt find anything so maybe you guys know for sure if this is true or not.
David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.
- Spinal Tap
You never really handed it in, did you?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Don't know about it not working on your computer, but you did the right thing by turning it in mate,
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Well, if you sync it to your computer, it'll wipe whatever's on it. And if you don't sync it, you'll need some way other then iTunes to manage it.
woah nice,
i actually have a friend who found one of the new ipod classics or whatever they're called in a hotel and he handed it into the police and like nobody claimed it so he got too keep it
theres no reason it wont work, it might just delete the current music on it
It will work with your computer but it will have to wipe out all the music thats on it first.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
This reminds me of something that happened in my old college.

We were all sat at a table in the common room when a friend of a friend came over and noticed an iPod Nano seemingly lying there on the floor. After around 15 minutes when no-one had come to pick it up his guy went over and picked it up, only to find that it was actually plugged in charging. At that moment the guy who owned the iPod looked over, saw the guy picking it up and proceeded to pin him against the wall and acused him of stealing it, this the guy was suspended from college. Good times.

And to answer your question I don't think it will work if it has been synced to one computer, though I'm not 100% sure on that.
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

well, i can add music to anyones ipod using my itunes, i dont sync it. so unless its synced it wont keep the music. but u can download stuff to riupp the music off it. but kudos to handin it man!
Quote by TobyFellrunners
This reminds me of something that happened in my old college.

We were all sat at a table in the common room when a friend of a friend came over and noticed an iPod Nano seemingly lying there on the floor. After around 15 minutes when no-one had come to pick it up his guy went over and picked it up, only to find that it was actually plugged in charging. At that moment the guy who owned the iPod looked over, saw the guy picking it up and proceeded to pin him against the wall and acused him of stealing it, this the guy was suspended from college. Good times.

And to answer your question I don't think it will work if it has been synced to one computer, though I'm not 100% sure on that.

yeah, some people just take life too seriously
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by david_safc
Wait a minute, you go to school on a Sunday?

Sunday School maybe lol I am not sure i am not the TS.

BUT idont't think so.
Just use it with Winamp.
iPods work with Winamp.
i just don't know if it'll delete the music in the iPod though.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by MightyAl
Well, if you sync it to your computer, it'll wipe whatever's on it. And if you don't sync it, you'll need some way other then iTunes to manage it.

he's right... it syncs to ure itunes if u make it... so theres ure answer
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

good karma for you my friend. it'll work on your computer. when you plug it in it'll ask if you want to sync with itunes. click yes and its yours
thats kinda ironic...i found a zune under the bed in my guest bedroom today turned out to b my uncles but he had already bought a new one...but the ipod should work with any computer that has itunes
Quote by cerveza
yeah, some people just take life too seriously

What's that have to do with taking life seriously? I'd have done the same thing if someone tried stealing my ****... Well, first I'd ask him what the hell he was doing.

To the TS: I use a Creative Zen. But if the iPods work the same way, all you should need is the software and a plug. I put new music on my Zen on a couple of different computers, all I had to do was install the software for it.
Quote by Mud Martian
What's that have to do with taking life seriously? I'd have done the same thing if someone tried stealing my ****... Well, first I'd ask him what the hell he was doing.

he meant cuz the guy completely over reacted, instead of sayin "excuse me , wtf are you doing?" he just lashed out at the guy for picking up a seemingly discarded ipod
I found an iPod on the ground while I was walking home. I took it and it works fine but the screen only shows white, I think its because it was waterlogged
Just update the ipod it erases all the info on the ipod..
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster