I used to have a Line 6 Spider II 120 watt amp ( http://line6.com/spiderii/210.html ) that I practiced on but sold it a few weeks ago. I want to get a new amp now but I don't know what to go for as my knowledge is quite limited, I only bought the line 6 at the time cause of the high watt for the price it was!

Music I like to play ranges from punk rock like Blink 182, instrumental (explosions in the sky etc), and ambient music like Hammock if I had any idea how to get that kind of sound.

I also have two pedals, Boss DD-3 and Holy Grail plus.
Last edited by marklcfc at Mar 16, 2008,
Budget?? I suggest a Vox AD15 or 30, or a Roland Cube 30, depending on your budget, since you need alot of different sounds.

EDIT: Also look at the Peavey ValveKing Royal 8 and a Crate Palomino V16. Get something like a TubeScreamer Overdrive, and you should get some good sounds from that.
watt dont equal quality!!!!!!!
jesuschrist! lol seriously, get 15/30w tube combo, palomino laney vc, or something,
don NOT get a line6, or marshall mg
Quote by stephen_rettie
watt dont equal quality!!!!!!!
jesuschrist! lol seriously, get 15/30w tube combo, palomino laney vc, or something,
don NOT get a line6, or marshall mg

can you read?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
can you read?

i dont think missing an s and a t on the internet qualify me as illiterate
is that seriously all you came on this thread to say?
Quote by stephen_rettie
i dont think missing an s and a t on the internet qualify me as illiterate
is that seriously all you came on this thread to say?

thats not what he's talking about. he already has the Spider.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
thats not what he's talking about. he already has the Spider.

so? you have no idea how many ppl buy 1 spider and then buy a higher watt one, or the halfstack version
Quote by uvq
Marshall or marshall or fender or marshall... any of those..
x
Lemme guess... You are referring to the Fender Frontmans and Marshall MG's?
If so, you phail.

But, we need a budget.
Then we can help you.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Spiders have no Feel. Just a medicore sound that attracts people with untrained Ears.

I Own a VOX AD30VT. It's got to be the best moddeling amp (in this price range) out there. It takes a while to learn all of the insane features of the VOX, but after some months you'll just end up loving it. I have a Marshall DSL100 half stack, but still i occasionally plug in the vox because i have neighbours who dont want to hear a loud tube Marshall after 10'o clock.

Marshall AVT aint bad either, but they dont offer the versatility. The cleans are kinda boring as well. The marshall MG is bad for you. Tried them many times, i just give up after a while.

Look into Peavey valveking. I haven't tried them, but heard good things about them.

But PLEASE consider a VOX AD##VT.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Last edited by perkristian876 at Mar 16, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
He already implied he wanted a different amp because of the frown after why he bought the spider in the first place.

and now its a burning offence to make sure thats what he meant?
I i fell under the impression that OP wanted a cheap amp.

Dis true OP?
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Ok... i'm confused, so i'll go straight to helping TS.

Since i'm not too educated on the exact model names of european amps, i'm gonna recommend Laney.
Laney is a nice, solid brand, which alot of people here swear by. I'm not sure which model, but there's probably a nice one for you, especially in your price range.
But, what kind of tones are you looking for? Like, dark or bright cleans, or smooth or gritty distortion?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator