Hi,

Basically im trying to make sure I get the right tone out of my guitar using the gears I bought.

I have a LINE6 Spider III 75 and a BOSS MT2 Metal Zone.

Basically ive been playing around with all the settings and dials to try and get a nice tone but im not having much luck.

The main tone im trying to go for is a Bullet for my Valentine tone as I want to cover a few of there songs.

Can someone please help me on getting the right tone using my gear, advise or even diagrams on the best way to have the setup etc.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rowan
Oh boy, prepare for a massacre. You see, the spider III and the MT2 are both considered really bad. Most people (including myself) would probably recommend you get rid of those two and buy a real amp and pedal instead of those toys.

That being said, which songs in particular are you trying to approximate? Different songs require different settings.
WTLTL 2011
Lol yeh ive went down the "YOU TIT, WHY BUY THAT" routine lol...

Anyways that aside, mainly:

Tears Dont Fall
Scream Aim Fire
All These Things
My Fist, Your Mouth, Her Scars

They are the main ones im learning.
First off, the line 6 spider is bad enough without a pedal, then you throw one of the worst metal distortions on it.
If you can return your stuff, go ahead and return it.
But, on a helpful note, I say put your amp on the clean channel, set to linear tone settings (all at noon settings), then control the distortion and other EQ settings on your pedal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Just wanna state people stop complaining about the gear lol, I know ppo hate it but i just got it, cant take it back and im gonna have to live with it for now....

Anyways....

Do you mean DRIVE, BASS, MID, TREBLE, CHANVOL all set to 12 oclock.... then no flange efx etc...

and then just control the crunch via the Metal Zone?
I would suggest you don't use the metal zone. The on board distortion on the Line6 is probably better.

For the clean parts set you amp to its clean channel, and turn all the extra effects off. Adjust Bass, Mid and Treble to approximate the sound you are trying to get. If the song uses chorus/delay (like the tears don't fall intro) add a little of that.

For the dirty parts, set your amp to either its crunch or its metal channel. Don't do the insane channel, thats way too much for BfmV if you ask me. Repeat the same procedure here, except you also adjust the drive knob.

I hope this helped.

*edit*

check the ultimate settings thread, chances are someone posted settings for those songs there.
WTLTL 2011
On the clean channel, just set your drive to zero (it adds a small amount of gain when drive is up, i owned the 30 watter for a few months back when I was a n00b). Set your EQ (bass, mid, treble) to noon, and just adjust your volumes to taste. No effects for a basic sound. You can add reverb or delay later (chorus/flange and phaser is just worthless).
Then, just do all your EQing and control the distortion on your metal zone.
Basically all you can do.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
First off, the line 6 spider is bad enough without a pedal, then you throw one of the worst metal distortions on it.
If you can return your stuff, go ahead and return it.
But, on a helpful note, I say put your amp on the clean channel, set to linear tone settings (all at noon settings), then control the distortion and other EQ settings on your pedal.

/thread
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Ok ill have a play around tomorrow and see what i can come up with...

Btw I know this sounds strange aswell but my gear stopped working for a day the other day. I dont know if it was configured wrong but I had:

Line6 >>> MetalZone (input) >>> MetalZone (output) >>> Tuner (input) >>> Tuner (output) >>> Schecter Guitar

and a Daisy Chain connecting the Tuner and Metal Zone together.

But I turn the amp on, and when I press the MetalZone nothing happens, same with tuner..

Anyone know why it can be doing this.. I also have the AC Adapter plugged into the Output on the tuner.