My guitar budget isn't that large so i have a Valveking 112. I play alot of metalcore..well generally -core stuff so i would love to have a 5150. but it's just not possible any time soon, so my question is, what's a good OD or distortion pedal i can get to get me a little closer to a 5150 sound?
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

I suggest you try out a Digitech Bad Monkey. Best OD on a budget in my opinion.
WTLTL 2011
EMGs? Some kind of OD to tighten things up?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I have EMG 81/85's, but I want more gain...MORE GAIN

I'll check out the bad monkey...
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Dude EMG's with Boost gain ( Don't turn gain to 10 on the VK you'll get squeels..) how is that not enough?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
A Valveking is nothing like a 5150 really. Your bets bet is to turn the gain to 10 and engage the gain boost on it with an OD should get you around there. It just won't do anymore without turning into noise.

EDIT: You also realize if you had saved a hair more you could of bought a used 5150 combo for the price of the VK Right? Did you just buy it recently?