So as i was screwing in my whammy bar today it became difficult to turn and right as i thought "okay maybe i should stop," it snapped, it wasnt in all the way which is why i didnt stop turning. so tell me what you think i could do to get the rest of the bar out of the bridge. there is pictures below.

i heard that you can take it to a machine shop and they have ways to remove it easly. You may also want to try an Easy Out.
I know this may sound silly but get a piece of something, a match or whatever, and glue it onto the end of the whammy bar thats stuck it (be very careful not to have the glue drop into the threading). Once its dry you should be able to twist said piece of whatever and thus remove the piece stuck..

Might work ?
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
I know this may sound silly but get a piece of something, a match or whatever, and glue it onto the end of the whammy bar thats stuck it (be very careful not to have the glue drop into the threading). Once its dry you should be able to twist said piece of whatever and thus remove the piece stuck..

Might work ?

Doesn't look like it will work because he said he was turning the whammy bar in very tight, meaning that bit in the socket is jammed in tight and a matchstick will just snap
ohai little sig.
ive heard you can use a broken screw removal bit (looks like a cork screw kinda) and drill into the bar, and pull it out.

That being said, DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT, or do it yourself by any means. If your not sure what to do, take it to a guitar shop. They see this all the time
go to a hardware store or sears...home depot..whatever and buy a set of Easy Outs.....anyone who works there with half a brain will know what you need. if you can handle a drill, then you can fix this...
There's a few different ways to remove the broken bar.

You could drill a small hole into the broken bar then use something like a rat tail file (using the rat tail end) and insert it into the hole you just drilled (tap in with a hammer). If the bar is not too tight, you should be able to back it out twisting the file.

Another way is to purchase a set of left hand twist drills. Drill a small pilot hole first and then use the left hand twist drill. As you use these drills to drill into the broken screw it will tend to try and unscrew the broken screw rather than drill through.

Or just take it to a shop.

Good luck!
your ****ed
Quote by TnT~55
My dog likes to hump a child sized stuffed bugs bunny doll. He usually has a smoke after :P

My gear:
ibanez rg 450dx
roland cube
Marshall halfstack
gibson Les paul
Worst comes to the worst you can just buy a new bridge ;P
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
pin drill into the broken end and try to reverse it out. or tap a thin nail into the hole to twist it out.

use a "broken screw" bit. i think like said.

or buy an epoxy and CAREFULLY drip one drop of epoxy, replacing the trem and unscrewing the broken bit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Man, this happened to me before, and it sucks. Thankfully my way of replacing it costs about 2$.
All you need is some Blu-Stik, the stuff used to hang posters, and a narrow screw. Take the screw and place a very small amount of the Blu-Stik on it and place it on the broken whammy bar. Slowly turn the screw counter-clockwise until its out.