so i today i was thinking "you know, i never play my epiphone. I have 3 ****ing guitars all in standard tuning, what a waste" so i drop tuned my epiphone LP to Drop C. Its stayed in tune pretty well so far. im gonna learn a bunch of dethklok and Arch Enemy songs with it. i have trouble sweeping on it because of the loose strings but ill practice. im just wondering if theres anything i should know about drop tunings or whatever. This is my first time tuning it that low, i pretty much just tuned the strings to the notes. I know that relieves a lot of tension on the neck. is there something i should worry about??? luckily i did it an hour ago so if there is i can easily correct it. Also what are some other bands that play in drop C.

EDIT: Its actualy C standard i tuned to. I use 9s by the way, dont plan on switching either.

Edit*2: i usually play leads, which is why i use 9s, should i use heavier strings for a guitar in C standard.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Last edited by Fuzzbox91 at Mar 16, 2008,
Wrong tuning for Dethklok/Arch Enemy, bud.

They're typically C standard. That's two semitones down from E standard, not one from Drop D.

EDIT: My guitar's (well, the one I'm playing right now) is in C standard. Put 11's on them, they really do make quite a difference.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
get heavier strings, everything will be easier.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Try some Killswitch Engage or As I Lay Dying
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by Td_Nights
Wrong tuning for Dethklok/Arch Enemy, bud.

They're typically C standard. That's two semitones down from E standard, not one from Drop D.

EDIT: My guitar's (well, the one I'm playing right now) is in C standard. Put 11's on them, they really do make quite a difference.
than its C standard that i tuned to
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Yeah if you're going to C standard I'd get it set up. I don't think that's healthy for your guitar.
Quote by belialonmyback
Yeah if you're going to C standard I'd get it set up. I don't think that's healthy for your guitar.

goddamit i just got it set up like two months ago, it cost me 45 dollars too.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????