So i'm considering installing a gold bigsby tremolo into my epiphone les paul. Are there any advantages and disadvantages to this? Any tonal differences or anything like that?
Well it looks awful on a Les Paul imo.... I personally don't find it worth it.

Just buy a pedal. That's what I'd do.
Quote by jimmy8778
an advantage would be that you could rock harder

+10000

bigsbys are awesome already, one on a les paul? guitargasm!

i want a telecaster with a bigsby too *drools*
Quote by eds1275

Just buy a peal. That's what I'd do.

i think most of us prefer the sound to the looks.......
Quote by hell_monkey
So i'm considering installing a gold bigsby tremolo into my epiphone les paul. Are there any advantages and disadvantages to this? Any tonal differences or anything like that?

It a trem, so you can do bends on chords. I think that it is a badass motherfuker especially the gold ones. You might have to drill the top to install it though. Is it a flat top les paul or an archtop?
Yeah, I prefer sound to looks to, but I would prefer not to ruin the look of a guitar that looks and sounds perfect. If you can have both, why ruin one?
Quote by eds1275

Just buy a pedal. That's what I'd do.

Bigsbys on Les Pauls are amazing, especially on customs.

I heard somewhere that a Bigsby can add sustain, I don't know if it's true or not, though.
Quote by DeSean
It could maybe make it slip out of tune easier.

So can any trem. I think the bigsby stays in tune better though
Quote by eds1275
Yeah, I prefer sound to looks to, but I would prefer not to ruin the look of a guitar that looks and sounds perfect. If you can have both, why ruin one?

I think that it enhances it's looks

come on now
^that's the look i'm aiming for
God, its sexy

Quote by imgooley
It a trem, so you can do bends on chords. I think that it is a badass motherfuker especially the gold ones. You might have to drill the top to install it though. Is it a flat top les paul or an archtop?

Its a carved top
are there different bigsbys for carved and flat tops?
Yeah. It just so happens that I am looking to put a bigsby on my Ibanez Artcore. You are going to need a B7 or a B700. You are going to have to drill the top and where the strap button is to install it though.
The bigsby's on any guitar look and sound sick. However, i was considering doing this myself (if i were to buy a les paul) untill i found out you will have two fairly large holes left on the top. Thant is sorta the oly downside.
Free Mumia
Quote by hell_monkey
I checked out the site, and the stetsbar is like twice as expensive as a bigsby!
It's worth the price, if you ask me. It is a damn fine piece of craftsmanship.