Got myself a Power Rail for the bridge and a Crunchy PAF for the neck. I put them in my Strat copy, was gonna use a MIM but this guitar just feels better. With a good tube amp these picikups are everything as the Guitar Fetish people describe them as.

When I first plugged in my guitar with the new PU into my Valvestate I was disappointed b\c it sounded exactly the same as my stock singles I had on before. When people say new pickups won't make any difference on a crummy SS amp they're not lying lol

I take guitar lessons so I was able to run it through my teacher's Traynor YCV50. He tried it and thought they were Dimarzio or something With just the amp and guitar we were getting Iron Maiden like distortion An OD pedal would of brought us to T3h Br00t@lz for sure.

I don't have clips but I have pics atleast.

I picked up this guitar from a Pawnshop for like $150, but you can't beat a 5 peice neck

The headstock says RedFox, that's all I kow about this guitar, no serial number or anything either. I'd like to know more about this guitar
Sweet might have to pick up some GFS pups for my guitar. Only thing I don't like about that is humbuckers on a Strat but to each his own.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Ive heard good things about GFS pickups. If I ever need any new ones, and im sure i will soon, ill probably get em there. I actually kinda like that Strat copy. The knobs and switch look alot nicer than a normal Strats i think. And that neck is really nice too.
Quote by qotsa1998
Ive heard good things about GFS pickups. If I ever need any new ones, and im sure i will soon, ill probably get em there. I actually kinda like that Strat copy. The knobs and switch look alot nicer than a normal Strats i think. And that neck is really nice too.

I replaced the knobs and pickguard with GFS ones
While they were probably an upgrade from what was in that Strat, many of the raves for GFS are the result of a placebo effect more than anything IMO.
Quote by aceshigh16
i have a vintage 59

me too its awsome!

the power rails is GODLY though im gonna buy another lol

hows the crunchy pat, have you got any sound clips ?

i agree with CJrocker though theyre probably so great becuase there so much of an improvement on something which wasnt great in the first place, none the less i'd still buy these again without a doubt
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I have a set of GFS single coils in my strat and I love them. They probably arn't the best, but they're certainly better than the stock pickups. For the price, I couldn't say no!
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
Quote by CJRocker
While they were probably an upgrade from what was in that Strat, many of the raves for GFS are the result of a placebo effect more than anything IMO.

Well I told my teacher it was Dimarzio and he believed me lol

And if it were the placebo effect it would of sounded good through my SS but it doesnt. Good through a tube amp though.

Anyways it's good that people are hating on GFS pups, keeps the prices down

I replaced my Seymour Duncan JB with a GFS Vintage '59 and couldn't be happier.

I also have 2 GFS Dream 90s that are going in my Epi G400 whenever my friend decides to give it back to me.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
My GFS are really badly microphonic.
:/
I have a set of Lil' Punchers, I don't know why they're so microphonic. Shoddy wiring (my fault) is my guess.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
hey ive got a crunchy pat gold in the bridge of my epi LP Junior that i modded the hell out of to make it very playable. i must say, even on a solid state, it is A HUGE difference from stock. simply amazing for 25 bucks.

BUT

what do you all think about the crunchy/power rails, could they be good for things like dragonforce, yet clean enough for basic distorted like green day/ blink 182 etc etc?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
GFS pickups are IMO the best bang for your buck. I've got overwound alnico strat pickups in my strat, an H16/H09 setup in my Artist, and I'm putting two 10k lil killers and a power rails into my guitar I'm building which is HSS routed.

I've never had a bad sounding GFS pickup. They're all great.

Saint Jimmy: You can always clean up any pickup by rolling back on the volume.(to a point) So I'd say you'd probably have no problem taming it down.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
thanks, you're right to an extent, just figured, just like some EMG's arent great for clean as well as crazy metal, with sacrifice of volume. just wanted to get this knowledge from a player.

thanks bro
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Guys, I could use some help here. I have an old Squier Strat (S/S/S) from when I first started learning to play that I never sold. I haven't done any modifying to the electronics of my guitars yet so I'm not sure how this will go. Which set of pups would be the best for this little project? Also, I want to replace the pick guard and knobs so that it will look better, but what is the point of a wired pick guard? P.S. I want to make this guitar more capable for classic rock sound similar to Boston, Bon Jovi, John Sykes, etc... Thanks in advance.
wired pickguard just means that they've already wired the pickguard for you, and you wouldnt have to do it. waste of cash i say. and are you looking to stick with single coils, or would you go to humbucker?
Quote by Invader Jim
Is it possible to go to an HSS set up without a ton of work? That seems like it would be the best overall to me. Though, that doesn't really matter to me, what do you think would give me a better classic rock tone out of it?
Okay I took the strings and pick guard off my strat, and it looks very easy to do and HSS. Is this the best way to get the tone I want or am I better off with three single coils pups. I also still need some advice on which gfs pups to use please.
i would do a H-S-S if i were you, although i just like dual buckers. as long as your guitar is routed for it, which most have the 'swimming pool route' anyway. and classic rock? ehh iunno really. the mean 90's, loudmouth, or the all-around fat paf i'd say. although the fat paf is wound hotter than the others, i have the crunchy also and i think you could get some classic on it. but id try the fat pafs.
Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by Gabriel Tanaka
Okay I took the strings and pick guard off my strat, and it looks very easy to do and HSS. Is this the best way to get the tone I want or am I better off with three single coils pups. I also still need some advice on which gfs pups to use please.

Do you have a good amp? As I said in my first post these PU sounded exactly the same as my stock singles I had through my crummy SS, but heaven through a good tube amp
^ i noticed a huge difference using my AD30VT and thats only semi tube ( and i dont even think that means anything , its just SS i think) and it sounded amazing compared to stock
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT