So, like many of you here I am on the search for a gigging half stack or combo. I've read as many posts and reviews as my eyes can stand... Right when I think I know what I start to second guess the choice. Here's what has made that list so far:

Peavey Valveking 212
B-52 AT-212
Bugera 6262-212
Bugera 333xl-212

I was also considering getting the head versions of these because I might want different speakers. Or I just might want more volume. I also read somewhere that it is better to get a combo because if it is loud enough from the stage to hear in the back... Its deafening in the front.

So I now ask...

If YOU had $1000 to spend on any half stack or combo you wanted what would you get?

Keep in mind this isnt a "use it or lose it" situation. You don't have to spend all of it.

So. Go shopping...

Oh yeah... I love playing metal. I'm into that face crunching sound. (think Disturbed, anthrax... Etc...) But I need cleans as well since my band does a fair amount of covers.
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Probably find a used Mesa Mark IV.

1k wont quite get you there i dont think.

a lower end mesa would be in that range though, nomad/f/express series
A used Mesa would be good. A Marshall DSL401 combo is slightly more than $1k i think. And maybe a Bugera, altho i havent seen or heard anything about Bugeras, and idk if there available in the States.
Quote by Marrklarr
1k wont quite get you there i dont think.

a lower end mesa would be in that range though, nomad/f/express series

Mark iv's usually sell for about 1k used. Cheapest I've seen is $750 used for the head and 1k for head and 2x12 cab.
Marshalls are good. Get a big one.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
I want to upgrade from my valveking 212 to a carvin v3 but the heads 1000 and the combos 1300 but it seems like a really nice amp. I'd check it out or a carvin legacy maybe
Although buying a Carvin V3 would be a distinct possibility, I'd probably get an American Standard Tele. I have no idea why, but I've been lusting after one for the last few weeks. Probably because of the Yin/ Yang contrast with my LP.
This is slightly more than $1000 even... there's a good chance I'll be buying a Mesa Lone Star Special or a Line6 Vetta 2 in the next month or so.
Buy a used Fender '65 Twin Reverb Deluxe
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Used Carvin V3.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.