My brother recently came into the possession of an 80's Strat neck, and the fretboard on it is about 1/2 the thickness of any guitar I've played. Which got me wondering how that affects the tone.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
I would assume that with a thicker board, the wood it's made out of will colour the tone more.
So a thicker rosewood board would be 'warmer' than a thin one.

That's just an educated guess, though. I'm not 100% sure...
Not much... at all.

If an 80's strat neck is 1/2 the thickness of the necks you've been playing before, what have you been playing? A log?
Quote by BGSM
Not much... at all.

If an 80's strat neck is 1/2 the thickness of the necks you've been playing before, what have you been playing? A log?

Quote by DuctTapeNinja
the fretboard on it is about 1/2 the thickness of any guitar I've played.

Nice.

TS, it really won't affect the tone that much. Typically though, the more of a certain wood a guitar has in it, the more the tonal characteristics of the wood will shine through.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Thanks guys! I guess that makes sense.

Quote by BGSM

Fretboard =/= Neck
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Negligible I would imagine.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man