My strings always seem to get really black really fast. I just put on a new set and i was wondering if anyone had any tips how to make them last longer. Thanks
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Wipe them down after playing. Or just get a set of Elixirs, they last longer than any other strings I've used.
with what is really the best thing to wipe them off with, i used a washcloth blackened fast as before
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Use string cleaner, it's around 6 bucks for a bottle and it lasts a long time.
sigh...
Try washing your hands before you play and after you fap.
My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by guitarded32
Try washing your hands before you play and after you fap.

LMAOOOOOOO.
Agreed.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
its the resin coming of your fingers from smoking weed...at least thats what happens to my strings lol just wash your hands before you play and wipe them off after you get done like everyone else said
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Quote by braindead...
Wash your hands before you play, and use string cleaner afterwards.

+1

I wash my hands beforehand, then after I'm done playing, I take a old cotton shirt and wipe down each individual string. After that, I use GHS Fast Fret on the strings and put the guitar away.

Fast Fret is mineral water, so it's essentially the same thing as a string cleaner.
Everyone's already said keep 'em clean so try that and if they still don't last long enough try out some coated strings. I like the DR Xtra Life. They're the most natural sounding and feeling coated string (imo) and they stay sounding and feeling good for a long time.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Not all strings agree with all peoples body chemisty. Some brands may last longer than others for you. The fenders and EBs lose their finish really fast for me but ddarrios dont. So try some other ones and see if it helps. And the fast fret works good. I put it on after Im done playing.