I've been look at getting a Peavey Valveking and I use a Boss GT-8 processor. Would using this processor basically defeat the purpose of playing on a tube amp? Does it mess with the amp's tone? Or should I try and start using single analog pedals?...

Oh, and if anyone has had any experience with this amp, please tell me what you think of it. I play metal with my Jackson Dinky and alternative/experimental with my Gibson SG. So my range is pretty big. And maybe if you think another tube amp in this price range would be better, please say so. Thanks.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Well you will most likely want to use the overdrive from the amp, but theres nothing wrong with using delay/chorus or whatever other effects that thing gives. Personally I like using single pedals rather than multi effect units. To each his own.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
The Valveking is a solid amp, but look around for used amps too. I was going to buy a Valveking until I found my Peavey classic used for the same price, even though it's worth twice as much new.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
The Valveking is a solid amp, but look around for used amps too. I was going to buy a Valveking until I found my Peavey classic used for the same price, even though it's worth twice as much new.

but it says it has like 6 tubes...im confused
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke