Perhaps this is a stupid question, but does anyone have any idea why Dreamweaver takes up nearly all my CPU after using for around 15 minutes? It's doing the thing where it makes the computer fan go really loud lol, and it's not like I am running loads of programs , or making heavy demands of it.
There is poetry in despair.
dreamweaver sounds familiar......

but your technical stats would be helpful
Well, my computer isn't great, it's my old desktop rather than my dual core laptop....

Pentium 4 CPU 2.9 GHz, 512mb RAM.

It works ok with Photoshop though , and recording programs to a degree, as long as I don't push it too much.
dreamweaver is an HTML editing program, the computer I'm running has worse stats than that and can run it just fine without overclocking, that sounds pretty odd, are you sure you aren't doing a lot of CPU intensive stuff with it?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Such as ? I have barely done anything, just loaded a gif onto a blank screen so far! It does it everytime when it's open, even when it's not being used. Please help , the noise of my PC is busting my balls lol.
yeah that's really weird, is it trying to auto update or anything like that?

Last.fm
I don't think it's the fan no, because it only does it when Dreamweaver is open. The gif isn't that large, and I deleted it to check if it was that , but it doesn't make any difference.

In response to Dreamweaver generating crappy code, would you say it's better to use Frontpage ?Because I thought Dreamweaver was better, but I know little about this sort of thing. They are really my two options, as I don't know much code myself, and what I do know is basic.
Dreamweaver is far better than frontpage, but yeah sometimes it doesn't work all that well, it's best that you learn HTML if you don't already know it and go over all of the code yourself when you are done.

Last.fm
the fan just indicates the computer is heating up, most likely due to the processor working harder, why its doing that if thats the only thing running, i have no clu
Quote by fridge_raider
In response to Dreamweaver generating crappy code, would you say it's better to use Frontpage ?Because I thought Dreamweaver was better, but I know little about this sort of thing. They are really my two options, as I don't know much code myself, and what I do know is basic.

Just write it yourself in a text editor. Also look into CSS.

-SD
You mean write the code from scratch ? Because I don't know enough code for that, and I don't really have the time to learn. What I've been doing is creating graphics in photoshop, then using them to make the basis for the page in Frontpage and now Dreamweaver.
you should learn the code anyway, because even with dreamweaver theres a large chance that you will have to do some debugging. HTML is one of the easiest languages to learn.

Last.fm
Quote by fridge_raider
You mean write the code from scratch ? Because I don't know enough code for that, and I don't really have the time to learn. What I've been doing is creating graphics in photoshop, then using them to make the basis for the page in Frontpage and now Dreamweaver.

Wait a minute, you're that guy who said he'd go do his website on his own rather than take up various offers (specifically, mine).

Good luck.

-SD
Haha, torched my ass.

I said I'd do it on my own, because I really didn't think I could afford to have someone do it for me.
i have no idea why, but it's not uncommon. we use dreamweaver at school and it screwed up all the computers in the one classroom. they had to upgrade the computers and add a buttload of memory and RAM
God's sake. I'll just go back to using Frontpage if it keeps doing it, and just do the best I can with it.