I am trying to find out how to get a tone like that of Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. I am going to a music store tuesday, and am looking to buy some pedals. Any suggestions? Also, is the Boss ME-50 any good? Or would i be better off buying seperate pedals. I am looking for distortion (probably a metal zone) and delay (the dd-3) mostly.

Thanks
I have a metal zone and I curse myself every day that I didn't look for opinions on it 1st.

It's nasty, if I had the cash I'd get it modded, but I don't
the delay is okay I guess, but do not buy the metal core. I borrowed mine from my freind for about a month. It's a bit too thin for my taste, and You are better off with other pedals.

Also what amp are you currently using?
I say new amp.
I'm not a huge fleetwood mac buff, but when you mention clean in the title, I assume that you want a good clean tone. I say fender Blues Deluxe/deville, whatever you can afford.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I say new amp.
I'm not a huge fleetwood mac buff, but when you mention clean in the title, I assume that you want a good clean tone. I say fender Blues Deluxe/deville, whatever you can afford.

Well I have a budget of around 300. I need something loud enough to play over a drumset, and maybe small gigs.
Quote by ClimhazzardX
Well I have a budget of around 300. I need something loud enough to play over a drumset, and maybe small gigs.

find a used roland jazz chorus.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
find a used roland jazz chorus.

Wow, I looked around the internet at this thing and I really like it. Only question is, how does the distortion sound on it? I know the cleans are BEAUTIFUL.
What genre's are you aiming for? do you need versatility? cause I'm not familiar with fleetwood mac, so i can't really tell. But if you need really a really good overdrive channel, and godly cleans, Then I'd suggest an used Traynor YCV50 or a Mesa Boogie F-30/50/100. But you might have to save up a bit more
Quote by sum_ugly_man
What genre's are you aiming for? do you need versatility? cause I'm not familiar with fleetwood mac, so i can't really tell. But if you need really a really good overdrive channel, and godly cleans, Then I'd suggest an used Traynor YCV50 or a Mesa Boogie F-30/50/100. But you might have to save up a bit more

Versatility is a must :P I want something with nice cleans, they don't necessarily have to be godly. I play metal also, ranging from priest to metallica to pantera, although if the amp doesn't have a nice distortion (such as a fender) i would be more than willing to buy a pedal.
The roland jazz chorus sounds nice for you.
Good cleans, which means, if you're not an overly picky tone freak, you can just pick up a metal muff or something for metal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah I'm definitely not a huge tone freak when it comes to metal stuff. How much would these things usually cost used? I'm going up to motor city guitar tomorrow and I'm definitely gonna look around, I don't want to get ripped off.

Also, I couldn't help notice that you're from Hell, Michigan. I'm from michigan too :P

EDIT: What are the differences between the JC-120 and the lower wattage series? Do the lower ones not have a channel for distortion? Also, do the cleans act/sound the same?
Last edited by ClimhazzardX at Mar 17, 2008,