Okay..first question (below) has been answered, but I have another one...can anyone give me a list of necks that can easily fit a Fender Stratocaster, I wanted an RG, but I'm open to anything that will fit, and i'm looking for somthing other than just a basic Strat neck, somthing to make it more originol. thanks

Hey, I'm trying to get my strat project up and running, and have been looking at buying a new neck, at first I was looking just for an actual fender neck, but then I got to thinkin, it's guna be custom anyway, why not go with a different neck all together? So now I'm thinking of buying an RG neck...but I have some questions, will the neck fit easily onto my fender body? And more importantly, once one, will the thiness of the neck compared to a regular fender neck make the guitar uncomfortable to play?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Last edited by HLrocker at Mar 16, 2008,
you'll have to drill new holes on either the neck itself or the body. they wont match up without.
and if the strat was designed for 22 or 21 frets and you get a 24 fret ibanez wizard neck its going to put your scale right out.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Yeh...and I'm new to modding, so I'm just guna stick with a strat neck. thanks tho
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
well, you could buy an unfinshed Strat neck with 6-in-line tuner holes, cut an RG headstock in it, and shave/sand it down til it was pretty thin. Or just buy an RG/Ibanez neck from Warmoth. Those are all made to fit Fender Strats.
Quote by qotsa1998
well, you could buy an unfinshed Strat neck with 6-in-line tuner holes, cut an RG headstock in it, and shave/sand it down til it was pretty thin. Or just buy an RG/Ibanez neck from Warmoth. Those are all made to fit Fender Strats.

O.o both excelent suggestions I'm guna check warmoth now.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.