Pardon my ignorance....but is there such thing as a....reverse pedal...?

as in, you play a note and it kind of sounds like its fading in type of thing...

apologies if it does exist and im being an arsehat but i never seen one...

tried the searchbar too
You could make the note fade in by using volume swells.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Short answer, it's actually a reverse delay. It can be found in most digital delays. There's also another type of envelope pedal that simulates a volume swell.

Long answer, GG&A.
Volume swell works. There's a effect called "SLOWATTACK" on my little trusty Korg that does about the same thing as what you described automatically. Maybe there's another pedal that does this that isn't a volume pedal.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
reverse delay was the 1st thing that popped into my head.

tends to be a feature on more expensive digital delays.
hmm ok thanks for that

i dnt no i was thinkin if u start playin a wee bit fast though, wouldnt volume swells just be too difficult? or too much arseache?
I heard on the Boss multi effect series they have something like that.
I don't even shred