Page 1 of 2
right now im writing an opposing view points essay on evolution and im writing in favor of evolution. so does anyone know what kind of stuff i could write aout that would support evolution?
How about you go to google and search it!

But I don't know anything about it.

I'm sorry I let you down.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Heidi Klum's gonna be on.

<.<

>.>

I'd slime her...
evolution is a lie!
praiiiiiiiiiiiiise the lord!
Show me the fever into the the fire, taking it higher and higher.
just paper clip the bible to ur essay.

cuz everyone knows things like dinosaurs and scientific evidence that support a THEORY (i believe in it but i understand it is far from proven) can be trumped by a book
I know a bit about it as part of my Mol Cell Biol degree.

Look into things like gene/protein homology. Basically there are genes/proteins which share very similar functions in all organisms and you can track back how closely related the different versions are between species and determine how long ago there was a speciation event between them.

Google "speciation" it's an evolution buzzword.
The Evolution, commonly known as an "Evo", is a car manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors. There have been ten versions to date, and the numerical designation of the model is most commonly a roman numeral. All of them share a two litre, turbocharged engine and four-wheel drive system in common. Evolution models prior to version V were the officially-approved models for Mitsubishi's efforts in the World Rally Championship's Group A class and SCCA Pro Rally Championship. In order to follow these rules, the Evolution is based on the same platform as the Lancer. However, it is much more powerful than the standard Lancer, with the unibody being the only major part in common between the two.

An example of an Evolution:

I hope this helped.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
The Evolution, commonly known as an "Evo", is a car manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors. There have been ten versions to date, and the numerical designation of the model is most commonly a roman numeral. All of them share a two litre, turbocharged engine and four-wheel drive system in common. Evolution models prior to version V were the officially-approved models for Mitsubishi's efforts in the World Rally Championship's Group A class and SCCA Pro Rally Championship. In order to follow these rules, the Evolution is based on the same platform as the Lancer. However, it is much more powerful than the standard Lancer, with the unibody being the only major part in common between the two.

An example of an Evolution:

I hope this helped.

thx man that helped alot
Evolution is a SCIENTIFIC theory. Meaning it is a fact, as is gravity, but is still open to debate and change. Unlike a theory in regular conversation such as "I have a theory that it is Col. Mustard with the wrench" Scientific theories have substantial supporting evidence to prove them. Look for that evidence on Google and in books. So that automatically takes out the "Evolution is just a theory argument."

Something to help: Scientists have proven evolution happens by experimenting on wolves. They found that after several generations in captivity, wild wolves began becoming naturally less ferocious and gaining duller teeth and nails. If you can find details on this study it'd be great.

We can't know for sure yet if humans actually evolved from apes, but evolution DOES happen.

Just some stuff to put in your paper.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Evolution is a SCIENTIFIC theory. Meaning it is a fact, as is gravity, but is still open to debate and change. Unlike a theory in regular conversation such as "I have a theory that it is Col. Mustard with the wrench" Scientific theories have substantial supporting evidence to prove them. Look for that evidence on Google and in books. So that automatically takes out the "Evolution is just a theory argument."
I'm not sure if that was directed at me, but just to clarify for any broken sarcasm detectors, I was only kidding.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan

Something to help: Scientists have proven evolution happens by experimenting on wolves. They found that after several generations in captivity, wild wolves began becoming naturally less ferocious and gaining duller teeth and nails. If you can find details on this study it'd be great.

We can't know for sure yet if humans actually evolved from apes, but evolution DOES happen.

Just some stuff to put in your paper.

thanks. thats exactly what i was lookin for
Quote by TehPwn3r

I REALLY wanted to post that.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
search for some info on the evolution of birds from dinosaurs. they are actually much more closely related than it first appears.
Quote by garden of grey
Yes. I think the better question is "What doesn't support evolution?", though.

You could argue of all life having the same four genetic bases (G, A, T, and C), Chromosomal Adam and Eve, the resemblance of fetuses in early development stages in mammals, and close genetic links in primates to homo sapiens among tons of other things.

Dont forget uracil!
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Quote by preludetowar
Dont forget uracil!

Uracil is an RNA base, therefore not a genetic base (except in the cases of RNA viruses).
Quote by FreakyStyley85
right now im writing an opposing view points essay on evolution and im writing in favor of evolution. so does anyone know what kind of stuff i could write aout that would support evolution?

Immunities in virus' and their ability to go from HIV to Super-HIV, which isn't treatable with the old medicines. That's evolution.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Immunities in virus' and their ability to go from HIV to Super-HIV, which isn't treatable with the old medicines. That's evolution.

lol, loving the technical terms JOJ.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Uracil is an RNA base, therefore not a genetic base (except in the cases of RNA viruses).

Hmm, I guess your right. Although it is a very important in the process of protein synthesis(RNA). Thats why I added it.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Quote by preludetowar
Hmm, I guess your right. Although it is a very important in the process of protein synthesis(RNA). Thats why I added it.

True, but U in your genome is bad, because it can spontaneously mutate.
Since no one else seems to be helping, I'll give a serious contribution.

TS, talk about things like comparitive anatomy, comparative embryology, biogeography. If you need me to explain any of these, ask.
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Well, uracil is one of the bases of amino acids, the building blocks of proteins. Proteins are one of the smallest but largest contributions to life. Thymine is just located on DNA. Just a blueprint. Uracil actually does more than just sit there I guess.
Quote by freedoms_stain
True, but U in your genome is bad, because it can spontaneously mutate.

Its also a weak nucleotide base I heard, whereas T its much more stronger.
Quote by Meths

Quote by freedoms_stain
lol, loving the technical terms JOJ.

Let me elaborate:

First you have a couple of no account, God hating homos having sex. And one of them is infected with the disease of the devil, and then passes it on. And for some reason the Devil feels that the holy medicine that is given to the homos is too strong, and he doesn't want them to renounce their ways because if they get the medicine to help them, they will believe in God. So, he increases that disease to be maximum in an attempt to discredit God. That's actually how it works. Evolution isn't real.

This is how I imagine the counter argument will go. (Don't get mad at me people, I'm joking, I love gays.)
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by preludetowar
Its also a weak nucleotide base I heard, whereas T its much more stronger.

Yeah, U spontaneously de-aminates into C, so if U gets in it can turn into C, So when the repair enzymes come along they see a C-A pairing and don't know what's going on, and can result in a G-C when there's supposed to be an A-T in the next cell division.
One time, at the zoo, I saw a Bear with underpants on.

Take that Creationism! Or should I say...CreatioCOMMUNISM?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Yeah, U spontaneously de-aminates into C, so if U gets in it can turn into C, So when the repair enzymes come along they see a C-A pairing and don't know what's going on, and can result in a G-C when there's supposed to be an A-T in the next cell division.

High Five!
Quote by Meths

the evidence is everywhere, it's harder to refute than it is to support

because it's true.

just hand it in,

"Evolution is a proven scientific theory" < A+ material

an essay not supporting evolution would at least be good for "teh lulz"
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
the evidence is everywhere, it's harder to refute than it is to support

because it's true.

just hand it in,

"Evolution is a proven scientific theory" < A+ material

an essay not supporting evolution would at least be good for "teh lulz"

But a paper not supporting evolution would be an easy A.

"What?!? Are you telling me I shouldn't believe in God? Consider yourself sued. What? Forgiveness? Fuck you.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by preludetowar
High Five!

Quote by Jack Off Jill

"What?!? Are you telling me I shouldn't believe in God? Consider yourself sued. What? Forgiveness? Fuck you.

The church get around the whole evolution thing by just saying "yup, that's how god did it"
Quote by Jack Off Jill

there you go TS, a win-win situation.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
*pets deer*

Whats that Bambi? Who Killed your mother? CREATIONISM?!??!?!
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
It actually doesn't work, though. I once tried to write, "Because God made it that way" on every answer to a biology test once, and I got an F. The teacher let me re-do it, though because she knew I knew the answers.
Quote by vintage x metal

There is one huge ass hole in evolution.

How did it all start?

Scientists have shown Nucleic acids can form spontaneously under the conditions presumed to be present at the dawn of time, but how did these nucleic acids develop copy and repair systems on their own? how did they start enclosing themselves in lipid membranes? When did proteins hit the scene?

There's still alot of unknowns at the beginning of evolutionary history.

We can prove evolution happens now, just look at someone with AIDs or an MRSA infection.
Quote by garden of grey
There is one huge ass hole in this post: Evolution has nothing to do with the root of life. That's abiogenesis. Granted most evolutionists believe abiogenesis was a probable source of life.

Uh, I'd say they were pretty freakin related.

The origin of life and evolution go hand in hand imo.
Page 1 of 2