I use an RP90 and there's a noise gate feature on there which gets rid of all the hum and little annoying sounds you get when you run your fingers up and down the strings. That's on the Gain channel too, I have it turned all the way up.

But now that I use a Bad Monkey OD pedal, the noisegate isn't enough to block the noise of my fingers running up and down the strings, so I get a lot of extra noise in there. If I get a BOSS Noise Suppressor thing, will that be enough to block out that extra noise that I don't want?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
The ISP Decimator would be ideal but the NS-2 isn't a bad pedal for the price.
Quote by rwalby9
The ISP Decimator would be ideal but the NS-2 isn't a bad pedal for the price.

Wow, goes for nearly twice the price of the NS2.

What makes the ISP better thant he NS2? The NS2 seems to have more options and crap...
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
The ISP sucks like no tone at all whereas when you turn the threshold up on the NS-2 it does a bit. Not a whole lot though.
Quote by rwalby9
The ISP sucks like no tone at all whereas when you turn the threshold up on the NS-2 it does a bit. Not a whole lot though.

Hmm, Maybe I'll try to convince my friend to let me test out his NS-2, then if that's not enough I'll probably have to end up getting the ISP.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
In a side by side comparison of an NS2 and my ISP, the ISP was only slightly better. It let the amp get a bit better of a signal. other than that, virtually no difference. Both of them killed the signal if it was set at about 50dB or less.

ISP's retail at $120 i think, but the store is able to take it down to $95. Music123 took off $20 on mine.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio