Here's an instrumental piece of mine (first one to be put on this forum). As it said in the title, Rusty Cooley was an influence here. I initially started writing it to use in a shred guitar competition that I have coming up in a few months, so we'll see how that goes...I'll probably try to write another piece with a different vibe/feel to it (more melodic, not as straight up shred) before then...Overall, I like the way it turned out, but I'd love to hear what others think/suggestions, etc. Thanks!
Attachments:
Song.zip
well to be honest the only bit i liked was the intro. The rest wasnt really my think. 6.5/10
Quote by BKGMorley
well to be honest the only bit i liked was the intro. The rest wasnt really my think. 6.5/10

+1

No offense, but it was too repetative and there wasn't much variation at al in the main widdles.
That was way too bland man... it was far too repetitive and the backing riffs were the very definition of unimaginative. Sorry to say that, but I really don't think this song will get you anywhere in that competition... listen to some of Petrucci's Solo album for some awesome well done backing riffs. Then get your hands on some Stuart Hamm or Steve Smith for some ideas on how to vary the "shred" bits... do something new... don't just play the same old sweep picking exercises over and over again...

Best of luck, bud.