I just finished this recording. It is a slower paced... post-rock sounding song. I recorded this by myself with a piano, and an acoustic guitar, along with some software effects and beats.

It is called "Stealing Feeling".

Let me know what you think, and I'll crit your song.

Thanks

http://www.myspace.com/danielmatteson

dot... dot... dot...
The sound at 4:30 reminds me of Godspeed...and that's really good because godspeed is my favorite of anything.

Good job!

EDIT:
if you feel like listening to it, i have something i threw together in 10 minutes on my myspace too. myspace.com/alexlandryalexlandry.

and if you look at my last.fm, all you'll see is godspeed
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Last edited by skippertipper at Mar 16, 2008,
dude im not lying, i really really dig it. i really wanna keep in touch, we have a very similar style. I record on my macbook too, maybe we can do something sometime. But this is flawless. My solo stuff is like this, not really my two bands. But, again, keep in touch, i thought i was the only on eon UG who liked this kind of stuff.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by SideshowRaven24
dude im not lying, i really really dig it. i really wanna keep in touch, we have a very similar style. I record on my macbook too, maybe we can do something sometime. But this is flawless. My solo stuff is like this, not really my two bands. But, again, keep in touch, i thought i was the only on eon UG who liked this kind of stuff.

Wow, I didn't expect such a good response, thanks so much. Thats sick you like this kind of music, I really want to record some more stuff like this. But yeah I'll keep in touch, if you have a myspace feel free to add me and shoot me a message. I have never recorded with anyone really, let alone across the internet, but that would be sick. Glad you liked it, that is awesome thanks.
dot... dot... dot...
Quote by skippertipper
The sound at 4:30 reminds me of Godspeed...and that's really good because godspeed is my favorite of anything.

Good job!

EDIT:
if you feel like listening to it, i have something i threw together in 10 minutes on my myspace too. myspace.com/alexlandryalexlandry.

and if you look at my last.fm, all you'll see is godspeed

gosh, to even mention godspeed when referring to something I played is awesome, thanks, I love GY!BE too. Thanks so much.

I just listened to your song. Good stuff. I really like that progression you got going on in the background, and the fuzziness of the sound. How did you record that? And great godspeed painting you got on your page
dot... dot... dot...
Quote by deinem
gosh, to even mention godspeed when referring to something I played is awesome, thanks, I love GY!BE too. Thanks so much.

I just listened to your song. Good stuff. I really like that progression you got going on in the background, and the fuzziness of the sound. How did you record that? And great godspeed painting you got on your page

I didn't even think GY!BE was known on here...but i guess behind all the metal there is some post-rock lovers too.

Thats actually a part from "Garden State" about what a home is. I'm moving in the next few months, and it's really hard for me, which should explain most of the song. To record it, i just found the audio clip on youtube and put a mic up to my computer speaker lol. I don't like how it's all fuzzy, you can't understand it.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Quote by skippertipper
I didn't even think GY!BE was known on here...but i guess behind all the metal there is some post-rock lovers too.

Thats actually a part from "Garden State" about what a home is. I'm moving in the next few months, and it's really hard for me, which should explain most of the song. To record it, i just found the audio clip on youtube and put a mic up to my computer speaker lol. I don't like how it's all fuzzy, you can't understand it.

Yeah, I suppose godspeed is pretty obscure, I didn't expect to find anything of that sort on UG either until I found this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404420&page=1&pp=20 there seems to be quite a following of post-rock. I have discovered many good bands after reading that thread, you should check it out.

I thought the fuzz was from the recording of the acoustic. Still sounds good though. I know just the part from Garden State that you are talking about. Great movie. I can imagine that scene would be very relatable if you are moving away. I watched that movie right after I left home and moved to a new city for college, and I remember that part being especially meaningful at the moment.

Props on the song.
dot... dot... dot...
Dan,

Nice piece! Not exactly my "cup 'o tea", but I respect what you've done, and I did enjoy my listen.

I especially liked the part that begins around 3:30 - the layered guitar part...

- quarry
All cape, no superman.