anyone played this thing? jammed on one for a while today at the local gc and this thing is bitching, totally versatile and has just about everything you could want, 4 channels with all the their own EQ, and a power section to change each channels power from 100-10 watts, how cool is that? then you can have a 4 channel 10 watt amp for recording, etc. and for the price its incredible and sounds fcuking amazing.

let me hear your thoughts guys
Haven't tried any Egnator amps, but I've always wanted too. The modular series seems amazing, he (Bruce Egnator) actually designed the Randall mod series. His personal one is superior though.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by guitaruboy
their nice. everthing sounds good, but it needs some more mojo, or something

i think the look of the amp is kinda weenie looking but its supposed to look vintage so i dig it. i think if they had the look of a diezel or something they would be a little more popular, still awesome though.
how much are they?
i've never seen one in person
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Really interested in these as well. The ones GC has up on their website look like they have a yellow strip on the top but in the magazine thing they sent me it was all silver and black and it looked sick. So which one is it? lol

Think I'll call my GC this week and see if they have any in and go take a look!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yeah definitly check them out man, i think the combos $16 or 1700 i think so you really CANT get a better deal than it for what you get. i think the power selection section is worth it in itself, i havent seen another amp with that capability. but im sure i will now after it
Quote by jcopello
yeah definitly check them out man, i think the combos $16 or 1700 i think so you really CANT get a better deal than it for what you get. i think the power selection section is worth it in itself, i havent seen another amp with that capability. but im sure i will now after it

Well, my Mark IV switches to all kinds of wattages, all the way from 85 down to 15, but it also changes the sound of the amp
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
interesting i didnt know that. mesas are just about the only company i havent played too much. does it do it for each individual channel also? or just all as one?
Quote by jcopello
interesting i didnt know that. mesas are just about the only company i havent played too much. does it do it for each individual channel also? or just all as one?

Just all as one unfortunately. I think you might be able to do it on the Roadster/Roadking though, could be wrong. That thing has everything AND the kitchen sink in it though so I wouldn't doubt it
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Just all as one unfortunately. I think you might be able to do it on the Roadster/Roadking though, could be wrong. That thing has everything AND the kitchen sink in it though so I wouldn't doubt it

haha yeah those things look intense, almost as much knobs as a jsx combo, god i hate those things.
Quote by MatrixClaw

actually, if you used the 1/4" switching jacks in the back of the Mark IV, and something like a GCX controller, you could have it switch between Simulclass and Class A for the different channels.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yah ive tried one out simply amazing.
and what a ****ing price too
you wont bealive how unbelievably cheap these amps are for all they dish out
move over marshall and fender theres a new sherriff in town.
Quote by jcopello
haha yeah those things look intense, almost as much knobs as a jsx combo, god i hate those things.

just one ?
how the **** do you work those things.
does anyone know
i tought the Marshall JVM was a bitch but then i found this thing and the marshall looked like two word cross word puzzle compared to this rubix cube of a ****ing amp.
really cuold you make a more complicated amp.
Last edited by the-kid66(2) at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by the-kid66(2)
really cuold you make a more complicated amp.

It'd be close between this one and the Diesel VH4S.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
It'd be close between this one and the Diesel VH4S.

the diezel is a confusing amp as well but not as confusing as a layout as the jsx though, the jsx to me just leems like it has knobs randomly set up places.

but the egnater isnt anything to brag about either, it took me a min or to after looking out it to understand the layout, i wasnt expecting 4 channels!
True, the JSX may very well take the gold medal in "awkward amp layout".
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by guitaruboy
their nice. everthing sounds good, but it needs some more mojo, or something

+1
I've tried the Egnater & Randall versions, & they seem to be a decent value if you need a lot of different sounds, but they don't really do any sounds that I like REALLY well. Just OK. For the sounds these amps try to emulate, you'd be better off buying the real thing. IMO, a 6505 does metal lots better, Fender does cleans/blues lots better, JCM 800 does classic rock lots better, but if you need all those similar tones in ONE amp, it's not a bad way to go.
Definitely needs some more mojo!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by Kendall
True, the JSX may very well take the gold medal in "awkward amp layout".

hands down, i was messing with that thing for like 15 minutes until i just said fcuk it and went for the vox's
The Road King is the most confusing and hard to dial amp I have ever used. But, once you know what knob and what switch affect the overall tone, you get tones that will blow your balls off...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.