So I have the following:

Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustain

A friend of mine is really pumping me up on getting the Boss ME-50. The part that bothers me is that the ME-50 has a dial on it that has the MT-2, BD-2. A Compressor, and a Noise Supprusser. All in one box!! Now, I have a good friend that works at guitar center and he said that he would let me return any of or all of my pedals (except the TU-2 and BCB-60 board itself I bought) as long as I bought the ME-50. So, realyl my question is, the ME-50 has the same dials and even the same model names of the pedals I have right now, but is it the SAME exact sound?? This would mean that even if I returened the three pedals that the same model name is blatenly written write on the processesor itself, it would pretty much even out and would be a n even exchange.

Processor or seperate pedals or even keep some pedals (and which) and still get the processor?

Thank you!!!
Last edited by etays69 at Mar 17, 2008,
6 boss pedals?
Do you even have a signal any more?

But, just keep what you have, and please mod some to true bypass please, if at all possible.
The ME50 is digital, thus, it has a different (probably crummier) sound than the individual pedals.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
While I have no experience with the individual Boss pedals you mention, I believe that the ME-50 still can give great tone. You're not only getting multiple distortions, but you're also getting delays and some other extras. If what you want is much more variety in effects, go for the ME-50.

I suggest you actually sit down and play one, and compare the tone of the single pedals to the ME-50. I would be really interested in knowing how accurate the tone of each of the settings is to the pedals being simulated in the ME-50. But if you actually try one out, that's the best way to know what you want.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by darkarbiter7
6 boss pedals?
Do you even have a signal any more?

But, just keep what you have, and please mod some to true bypass please, if at all possible.
The ME50 is digital, thus, it has a different (probably crummier) sound than the individual pedals.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's analog. It's not digital, like the Digitech RP series or Line 6 Pod series.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
What EVH said basically.
Let your ears be the judge.

Hmm... it isn't digital?
Hmmrmmm... just give it a try, I didn't know that.
When I think multi, I think digital.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 17, 2008,
i have a me-50, its okay. im in the process of replacing it with individual botique things. the best thing to do is go to gc or wherever your going, set up your 6 boss tone suckers, and then the me-50 and see which one you like more, that will be the test.