what is the best tube amp but the cheap one? i don't care if it's like 1 watt. I just play by myself, please give me the name and link if you can!
Blackheart Little giant or Epiphone valve junior.
Or wait for the Blackheart killer ant to come out (1 watt, or maybe 1/2, i'm not 100 percent sure on that).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Blackheart Little giant or Epiphone valve junior.
Or wait for the Blackheart killer ant to come out (1 watt, or maybe 1/2, i'm not 100 percent sure on that).

darn it you dark steal all my replies lol
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Palomino v8, cheaper than the above post an has a line out for recording and fx loop. 18 lbs in contrast to 50 lbs of blackheart. I'll buy it if i can.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^ but i found the 8" speaker in the V8 to be a bit lacking. i like the little giant and the vj because you can get a head and pair it with a nice speaker (or two, or four :P: ). if the killer ant sounds anything like the little giant with half the volume then it would be a very nice choice for playing at home.

EDIT: and im about 99% positive that the V8 doesnt have an effects loop. i dont think the v16 does either actually.
Quote by jof1029
^ but i found the 8" speaker in the V8 to be a bit lacking. i like the little giant and the vj because you can get a head and pair it with a nice speaker (or two, or four :P: ). if the killer ant sounds anything like the little giant with half the volume then it would be a very nice choice for playing at home.

False!!!!!!!!Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has 10" speaker, more than enough for "practice" plus great tone with master volume and EQ. Plus $100 cheaper

and he doens't need other speaker to plug it, because as stated, he needs it for "practice"

Quote by jof1029

EDIT: and im about 99% positive that the V8 doesnt have an effects loop. i dont think the v16 does either actually.

Don't say things you don't even know. Clearly you don't have the knowledge of the amp!!!!

Look:
http://www.crateamps.com/pdf/manuals/V8_Palomino.pdf

Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 17, 2008,
Check out the Fender champ amps. Depending on the year and model they're between 5 and 25 watts. You'll be able to get a used one in the $200-$300 range.
ok, so its a 10" speaker. i still thought that the speaker was very small sounding. i really like the tone of the palomino series, but i think you have to step up to the v16 or v32 to get the full potential of the amp. i tried out a few 5w amps and found that while i loved the v16, i had to pass on the v8. the master volume is great, but the small speaker and the fact that it doesnt come in head form are turnoffs for me.
Quote by colin617
Fender Silverface Vibrochamp

Great minds think alike, Colin. The same reccommendation at the same time.
Quote by angeldef
Don't say things you don't even know. Clearly you don't have the knowledge of the amp!!!!

Look:
http://www.crateamps.com/pdf/manuals/V8_Palomino.pdf

so i have no knowledge of an amp because i didnt read the manual? i know more about amps than you do, so dont be giving me that crap. its a line out jack that doubles as an effects loop because its stereo, its not a straight up effects loop. no where outside of the manual does it say it can be used for that. ive looked at the amp multiple times, played it multiple times, and i even checked the specs listed. so if you want to correct someone for an excusable mistake, be polite. otherwise you can just shove it.
Quote by jof1029
ok, so its a 10" speaker. i still thought that the speaker was very small sounding. i really like the tone of the palomino series, but i think you have to step up to the v16 or v32 to get the full potential of the amp. i tried out a few 5w amps and found that while i loved the v16, i had to pass on the v8. the master volume is great, but the small speaker and the fact that it doesnt come in head form are turnoffs for me.

OMG, dude!!!! He say he play alone.... and he needs a cheap amp. Do you know how loud a 5 watt tube is? 15 watt would drive the neighbors crazy, plus if he want to upgrade later, then the v8 is going to be a great practice amp. You seriously don't read anything

Ohh Tiger here's the link!!!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-V8-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487825
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by jof1029
so i have no knowledge of an amp because i didnt read the manual? i know more about amps than you do, so dont be giving me that crap. its a line out jack that doubles as an effects loop because its stereo, its not a straight up effects loop. no where outside of the manual does it say it can be used for that. ive looked at the amp multiple times, played it multiple times, and i even checked the specs listed. so if you want to correct someone for an excusable mistake, be polite. otherwise you can just shove it.

You obviously didn't know anything about the amp because you said that you "found the 8" speaker in the V8 to be a bit lacking" and for a guy who "played it [amp] multiple times" shouldn't you know the basic knowledge of it? Like the size of the speaker maybe

Quote by jof1029
i even checked the specs listed.

Quote by jof1029
^ but i found the 8" speaker in the V8 to be a bit lacking.

Quote by jof1029
ok, so its a 10" speaker.

Quote by jof1029
i even checked the specs listed.

Yes! you did

Quote by jof1029
its a line out jack that doubles as an effects loop because its stereo, its not a straight up effects loop. no where outside of the manual does it say it can be used for that.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Crate/Palomino+8+Combo/100/1

This lovely people "used [it] for that"

Read!! It may be hard, but try
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer