Im almost certain that after I sell my DS-2/TS-9/Big Muff, im gonna use the money to buy an OCD...but im not completely sure.

I like the overdrive tones of RHCP, dead meadow, wolf mother, led zeppelin, and spoon.

Any suggestions for overdrive pedals or atleast support for getting the OCD?
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
For RHCP, isn't it a staple to have a big muff?
And i'd just keep the TS9, and just sell the DS2.
The reason I say that is the following reason:

The TS9, and the Tubescreamer series in general, are all great for boosting your amp's overdrive. The big muff can be used for RHCP solos and what not. And if you get an OCD, it's not as good of a booster as a Tubescreamer (IMO), but it's great for playing on your clean channel to add some transparent crunch.

So, here's a good pedal lineup:
TS9: boosting amp's OD
Big muff: fuzzy solo lead stuff
OCD: Transparent, clean crunch

So, if you sell all of those to get one overdrive, you lose the advantages of having a tubescreamer and a muff. Not worth it in my opinion. Just save up for the OCD.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
For RHCP, isn't it a staple to have a big muff?
And i'd just keep the TS9, and just sell the DS2.
The reason I say that is the following reason:

The TS9, and the Tubescreamer series in general, are all great for boosting your amp's overdrive. The big muff can be used for RHCP solos and what not. And if you get an OCD, it's not as good of a booster as a Tubescreamer (IMO), but it's great for playing on your clean channel to add some transparent crunch.

So, here's a good pedal lineup:
TS9: boosting amp's OD
Big muff: fuzzy solo lead stuff
OCD: Transparent, clean crunch

So, if you sell all of those to get one overdrive, you lose the advantages of having a tubescreamer and a muff. Not worth it in my opinion. Just save up for the OCD.

This guy's kinda right...but I'd sell the TS9 and throw down some more cash for a TS808. It's just higher quality. If you don't have the cash then stick with the plan above.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Hmmm. Well I do have a fuzz factory, which while not exactly a complete replacement for the big muff, pretty much soothes my fuzz needs, not to mention it sounds like **** through my traynor ycs-50 (although it could be the tubes are biased too cold, im sure about that yet though). I may keep my ts-9dx though, those were some good points for keeping it.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Also try the Crowther Hot Cake (my favorite, a lot more gritty than most tubescreamer clones), and the Carl Martin Plexitone. Keep the DS-9 as an extra solo booster.