I am in need of a good practice amp. I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to buying new gear and stuff. I Heard frontman series (Fender) and Spider Series (Line 6) are both good. Help anyone?
Fail. Dont get a line 6 or the frontman. Get a roland cube perhaps?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
if you're a newbie and you like more classic rock or any type of tunes like that (pretty much anything but metal) get the frontman. it's a great place to start, and it has halfway decent tone to start out with. then you can add pedals to your collection and frontman will last you a while. just make sure you get something of sufficient size (8 inch speaker is rather weak). spider series has too digitalized sound of guitar, and lots of effects built in, so it's great for those who just wanna play around with their guitar. however, if you wanna hear somewhat decent tone, get a frontman and a few pedals later on - this setup will sound ok with your sg. once you're ready for the next level, think tube.
It's all about feel
Yeah i heard the cube series were good too. And i dont like the digi sound either. Which Cube should i get? 15X or what?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I use a Fender FM65R and it's a great little amp for playing at home. It cost me about $450 (Australian dollars). I would highly recomend it for a newbie.
Quote by hopespaul
if you're a newbie and you like more classic rock or any type of tunes like that (pretty much anything but metal) get the frontman. it's a great place to start, and it has halfway decent tone to start out with. then you can add pedals to your collection and frontman will last you a while. just make sure you get something of sufficient size (8 inch speaker is rather weak). spider series has too digitalized sound of guitar, and lots of effects built in, so it's great for those who just wanna play around with their guitar. however, if you wanna hear somewhat decent tone, get a frontman and a few pedals later on - this setup will sound ok with your sg. once you're ready for the next level, think tube.

I completly agree. My friend has had his 10'' Frontman For 2 years and just hooks all his pedals up to it, sounds great.
get an Vox AD30VT if you play anything but metal but the AD30VT-XL is the metal version of the AD30VT.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
btw guys, im kind of looking for one under 150$ (should've put that in first post) so maybe a good 15-20 watt amp?