ok, so my 30w sider II isnt cutting it anymore..not that it ever did, im planning on getting a Boss ME-50 fx pedal aswell so i was wondering if anyone had any amp recomendations, i assume im only looking for an amp with a good clean tone due to the addition of the me-50?
any help is appriciated
Quote by morphixxx
ok, so my 30w sider II isnt cutting it anymore..not that it ever did, im planning on getting a Boss ME-50 fx pedal aswell so i was wondering if anyone had any amp recomendations, i assume im only looking for an amp with a good clean tone due to the addition of the me-50?
any help is appriciated

1 - What music do you play?

2 - What is your budget (total, including money that might go on the ME-50)

3 - Will you be gigging with this amp?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Jc120
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
music..literally anything, my budged for the amp only is around £200 and no, not gigging but playing over drums, my 30w seemed to do the trick volume wise
what the hell is a sider II?

EDIT: Oh, you meant, SPIDER....ummmmm....yeah, what ^^^those guys said ^^^^
are you planning on selling the spider II?

anyway if you had about 300 pounds (this incl delivery)
The Peavey Valveking seems a pretty sturdy choice, i found it takes pedals really well when i tried one.
Last edited by brokenwizard at Mar 17, 2008,
sorry, i cant type for **** tonight for some reason, lol... and yeah, im planning on selling the spider 2, i cant see that being an easy task though.
im thinking of looking at some peaveys, and also possible an orange amp and vox valvetronix...any input on those?
peavey classic 30 has nice clean, and good distortion. Its an awesome amp. Alone will get you blues to metal (not heavey metal though)
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
yeah don't replace you're spider with a valvetronix, i mean the valvetronix is better but is a pointless switch, i sold a spider II 30 for about 150 pounds about a year ago on ebay,

i will say this, 200 pounds isn't enough money to improve what you already have, so if you're amp is loud enough and you can find a sound you at least like a little bit, save your money and wait till you can get something that's worth it, i managed to get a Marhsall DSL 50 and 2X12 cab for 500 pounds, it really is worth waiting, because in the end it will save you money on gear you're going to want to sell in a years time.
The Valveking is probably the most versital tube amp out there for under $500 US.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan