Poll: Since you started playing..wheres your tuning?
Poll Options
View poll results: Since you started playing..wheres your tuning?
It went down
46 25%
It stayed standard
123 68%
I went to open tunings
5 3%
unorthodox..slightly flat or sharp
7 4%
Voters: 181.
Page 1 of 2
Actually, I used to play in drop C, because I was a big system of a down fan. Now I play mostly in standard E but I'm interested in open tunings.
I used to play in standard tuning exclusively, but now I play in E flat, because I find it has a more agressive sound.
Usually standard or Eb.

Drop D very occasionally. But that's it.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
i play everything 1/2 a step down, for standard songs i just pop on a capo
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by majonior
i play everything 1/2 a step down, for standard songs i just pop on a capo

this probally a stupid question, and i could probally figure it out by myself, but what fret do you put the capo on?
Standard wins! I may go to D standard when I get my 7 string though.
Quote by wake behind you
drop d, then 1/2 step, now C#

+1
Oh man..I love that too
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Drop C# looked pretty cool actually. I think Jeff Loomis has used it quite a bit.
I can't really go into any alternate tunings on my main guitar because of Floyd Rose + locking nut. I'd like to play around with Drop C# or C#. It has a really cool sound, and it makes bands like Pantera, BTBAM, etc. sound awesome.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
depends on what im doing. if im just jamming them im in standard E, drop D or drop B (BADGBe) if i'm singing/recording then i'll record somewhere betwen drop B and D standard since my voice is better suited to those keys. really though oftentimes its all over the place.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I can't really go into any alternate tunings on my main guitar because of Floyd Rose + locking nut. I'd like to play around with Drop C# or C#. It has a really cool sound, and it makes bands like Pantera, BTBAM, etc. sound awesome.

I just set mine up for E Standard recently, so yeah...
My tuning stayed standard

and its ok for me since I wouldn't know how to do drop D or any other tuning methods.

I want to learn to tune my guitars with out a tuner
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
My guitar is setup with 13-62's in D standard.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
Drop D, C#sus4, DADGAD, Eb, Standard.

Those are the tunings I find myself using from time to time. :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
i play drop D and C. i play mostly psychostick and killswitch engage and some creed now and then or what ever i wright for my band.
My band The Land Bass Dragons
myspace.com/thelandbassdragons
Standard is my main tuning. But i use a capo alot aswell. I go into drop D everynow and again.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Usually 1/2 step down, I don't do much in Standard, a lot of Drop B and occasionaly Drop D.
♥xx♥

Stayed standard...but now my main guitar is a 7-string.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

I mostly play in standard D on my 6 string. My 7 string is almost always in standard B tuning (BEADGbe).
Poll needs a "multiple tunings" option.
E Standard, D Standard, Drop D, and occaisionally Open D Minor (D-A-D-F-A-d). Usually the two standard tunings, always with a set of 12s or 13s. When/if I get a baritone I'll probably tune it down a half step (Bb-Eb-Ab-Db-F-Bb)
Quote by Sonicxlover
. I'd like to play around with Drop C# or C#. It has a really cool sound, and it makes bands like Pantera, BTBAM, etc. sound awesome.

no, exceptional skillz, practice and dedication to their instrument makes them sound awesome. c# just makes them sound lower.
Usually standard here, sometimes drop D. I barely ever tune my guitar with a tuner though, so it might as well be D standard, or E# standard or something.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by ouchies
Standard

Quote by z4twenny
no, exceptional skillz, practice and dedication to their instrument makes them sound awesome. c# just makes them sound lower.

+2
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Well, when i first started, it was standard tuning, E A D B G E, but now it is drop c,
C G C F A D, because of all the good rock songs i like are drop c, like for example, BFMV!!! (Bullet for my Valentine), and TOAD, (Theory of a Deadman)
standard.. just cuz i dont feel like tuning my acoustic to open.. i have other gutiars i could tune to open but i never use them.. but when i get my classical guitar i'll probably tune my steel string to open and see how it sounds/works.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Page 1 of 2