I currently have a Maestro Fuzz tone and don't like it at all. It's good for what it is, but I'd really like to get an overtop fuzz. I've looked at the Death by Audio and they are on the right path. I really like square-wave. Any suggestions?
well the zvex fuzz factory is pretty over the top. dont really know if thats what you want though. maybe try building a fuzz, probably using silicon transistors. silicon transistors will have that harsher clipping, so thats kinda what you seem to be wanting. but i really suggest building one as you can get it more to your liking that way.
If you have the money get a Wooley Mammoth
look for a used vextor fuzz factory. You can get one for around 100-130. I got mine for 120 and Im really glad I went for it. I also have a big muff and the Fuzz Factory is just so much more meatier and grittier.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Go to the Barber Electronics Web page and listen to trifecta fuzz. It is really nice. Recieved mine last week but I won't review it till the honeymoon is over. But as of right now its heads above the others.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp
Go to the Barber Electronics Web page and listen to trifecta fuzz. It is really nice. Recieved mine last week but I won't review it till the honeymoon is over. But as of right now its heads above the others.

Kinda a little fizzy, IMO.

Are you after a more vintage sound, or something more modern, TS?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Not Fizzy at all. Thats what the sludge knob does dials in all the bass that you need into the circuit. I have been using fuzzs way too long and this is the best one I have heard. Plus its three different fuzz circuits.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd