Page 1 of 2
Who has heard of this guy?

I absolutely love his work and I nominate him for most underrated shredder.

Discuss
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Oh man I really love his playing...he has been a true inspiration for me man.
Especially in Mind's Eye and Time Odyssey. He is truly underrated
He's brilliant. I like his attitude to making albums – check out the liner notes for Out Of Nowhere; he actually explains the story behind each song in detail. Great guy, and a demon shredder too!

Still looking for Meltdown, though. It's the last one I need, but it's damn near impossible to find...
Quote by DaFjory
He's brilliant. I like his attitude to making albums – check out the liner notes for Out Of Nowhere; he actually explains the story behind each song in detail. Great guy, and a demon shredder too!

Still looking for Meltdown, though. It's the last one I need, but it's damn near impossible to find...

It's the best one, too.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
My favorite by him is either In Control or The Maze I love both songs

He's a true influence for me as well im glad i found people who agree
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
What actually attracts me too him is not just his shredding....
Come one the world is full of shredders, but few are those who can do what he does-
1.Plays clean and smooth
2.Plays flawlessley
3.Even as a person, he is not a show off type.

He's brilliant.
Time Odyssey is one of my favorite albums

I like his sound because he doesn't sound like an exact clone like so many players were doing at this time. He has his own unique phrasing and sound and its all great.
Yesturday, my guitar teacher has decided that We'll be learning The Thinking machine.

I'm ****ting myself.
Cool thread man, I've dug Vinnie's music since about 1988 when I scored Mind's Eye on vinyl! He played a guitar clinic here in NZ years ago, I met him plus he signed my cd's. What a cool guy man!!! No ego or attitude, just a cool guy who shreds the most inspiring music ever! Mind's Eye is still the best one I reckon, there is a magic about that one that stands alone, but every note he's played is just awesome!
I love Daydream and In Control is pure orgasm. His harmonies are unmatched.
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
I really like Vinnie Moore, although some of his older songs are just your standard neoclassic shred IMO

i also have a Hot Licks Instructional vid he did called "Speed, Accuracy and Articulation" if anyone wants it, just send me a PM
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
I love the album Mind's Eye, definately my fav album of his, if only I could play any of it...
Quote by johnyprestige
most underated player in my opinion would be guthrie govan or scott henderson.....phrasing of the gods!!!!!

take it to another thread, this is Vinnie's time to shine!!

edit: and yeah dude, do you still have a copy of that DVD?
Quote by MoleMania
take it to another thread, this is Vinnie's time to shine!!

edit: and yeah dude, do you still have a copy of that DVD?

yeah i still have it on my computer, the quality isnt the best but you can work your way through it
if you want it just give me a sign man
Quote by greety

Yeah I pm'ed you early but you never responded
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
Quote by Mental-lica

Darn competition!!
Quote by Axegrinder#9
I really dig his playing and his whole stylistic approach. I used to listen to him more before though I don't really listen to his music now. It'd be cool to see him execute a fusion-based project as opposed to the neoclassical metal style he plays in.

Oh, he doesn't really play a whole lot of neoclassical metal anymore, that was just in his early days afaik.

Stuff like Check This Out, Vinman's Brew, and most stuff from Meltdown is a lot more fusion than it is neoclassical if you ask me.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by DaFjory
In the end, it's just instrumental rock.

And in the end it's just music, but for practicality purposes, we can subdivide it further.

Click.
Granted... Except I hate even using that clichéd "neo-classical" label – I either call it plain ol' shred if it's primarily fast (Moore, MacAlpine, Cooley, Becker), instrumental rock if it's fast in bits (Satch, Vai, Morse, Gilbert, Govan), or fusion if it's in the least bit Holdsworthian or early Beck-esque (Howe, Gambale, Garsed, Lane-Hellborg).

"Neo-classical" says nothing to me, since every guitarist who's played a fast lick or two seems to have been lumped into that same group (often with undeserved negative connotations; i.e Howe's debut.). About the only axeslinger I'd genuinely put under that label woud be its originator – Ing-vay. And even then, I prefer to call his stuff just heavy metal.

Instrumental rock, to me, is just a more universal and appreciative term for guitarists who fall into any of those aforesaid categories. Vinnie being one of them (having covered all 3 at some point).
Hey new elimination is up and I was sure to include Vinnie Moore. Anyone who wants to help him on his way to the hall of fame feel free to heal him.
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
Quote by Mental-lica

thats weird...ive checked my pm's daily after my post, it always said 0 unread messages. I'll send you and mole mania a pm when i get home.

back on topic: i really like Vinmans brew of the Out of Nowhere album.
Quote by greety

Quote by Yeah Dude
thats weird...ive checked my pm's daily after my post, it always said 0 unread messages. I'll send you and mole mania a pm when i get home.

back on topic: i really like Vinmans brew of the Out of Nowhere album.

Did you send us a PM yet? 'Cos I havent received one.
yeah i sent one to you and mental-lica....last thursday
Quote by greety

I received it too! Thanks
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
so you guys already watched the vid?
Quote by greety

Quote by Yeah Dude
so you guys already watched the vid?

Hell Yeah!! It was really informative on modes, which is good as theyconfuse me.
Last edited by MoleMania at Apr 17, 2008,
I think thats him just jamming in the intro to a video
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
awesome and underrated guitarist, his Defying Gravity album is awesome
Yeah Vinnie Moore is really good. I am actually about to go meet a guy that knows him personally. Not that has any relevance to the thread but maybe he'll set me up to meet Vinnie Moore and eventually tour with him. Hey I can wish right.

EDIT: The guy was cool. He grew up with Vinnie and said next time Vinnie comes down to do a clinic around here he's gonna get some tickets and set it up so I can meet him. Just thought I'd share pretty sweet
Last edited by Myung'sMusicman at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by Myung'sMusicman
Yeah Vinnie Moore is really good. I am actually about to go meet a guy that knows him personally. Not that has any relevance to the thread but maybe he'll set me up to meet Vinnie Moore and eventually tour with him. Hey I can wish right.

EDIT: The guy was cool. He grew up with Vinnie and said next time Vinnie comes down to do a clinic around here he's gonna get some tickets and set it up so I can meet him. Just thought I'd share pretty sweet

Lucky bastard.
*resurrects thread*

Anyone got his new album 'To the core'?

It's awesome, has alot of nice synthy stuff in it too
Page 1 of 2