I'd say Les, although their playing styles are so different it's a little unfair to compare them.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
les claypool from primus i mean holy **** if you've ever seen him go. If anything he's never boring to say the least.
When shit hits the fan...step to the side of the fan.
Yeah i like Steve, but its just that Les's bass is more heard really which makes him sound cooler i think...
Their playing styles are extremely different, but I'd say Claypool. I doubt Steve could do those disgusting slaps Les does.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Btw, i only just heard primus really, so could anyone tell me what would be some good songs to dload to get more into them?
Quote by Judge_David
Btw, i only just heard primus really, so could anyone tell me what would be some good songs to dload to get more into them?

Get their greatest hits.

Jerry Was a Racecar Driver
Too Many Puppes
John The Fisherman
Tommy the Cat
My Name is Mud
Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

Just a start.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I would say Les
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
It's interesting that Harris composes most of Maiden's melodies, but only plays the root notes on bass. Why Steve? WHY?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Steve Harris plays E C D (and in other keys and variations) and sometimes adds a 5th.

Compared to the genius of Claypool.

/thread
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by soulflyV
Because he knows not to fuck with a good thing.

If not for his musicianship and songwriting skills, he would be a pretty sucky bassist. I say Harris needs to experiment with bass melodies, rather than just playing root notes for every single song.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
well to be fair les claypool the leader of primus therefore he is allowed to act like the leader. while on the other hand with iron maden he can right the stuff but if goes off time or trys something else it may mess up the flow.
When shit hits the fan...step to the side of the fan.
Charles Mingus
NHOP

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Jaco Pastorius was better than both of them combined.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
les claypool ftw. hes a ****ing amazing bass player. Plus he has awesome hats.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Claypool fo sho. Don't listen to a whole lot of Maiden though...
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
i hate both of those bands with a passion, as well as any other band les claypool has been in, but i have to give the guy credit. he is one talented motherfucker
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by Flying Couch
I'm gonna go with Claypool, but this is like comparing Robert Johnson to Robert Fripp.

Not quite. At least your comparison has a name in common.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by darkstar2466
If not for his musicianship and songwriting skills, he would be a pretty sucky bassist. I say Harris needs to experiment with bass melodies, rather than just playing root notes for every single song.

Don't know... It would bring a huge change in the Iron Maiden style.
The Trooper and Run To The Hills for example, wouldn't be the same if he didn't stick to the root notes.
However, stuff like "Fear Of The Dark" and "Ghost Of The Navigator" could sound cool with a bit of variation in bass.
He should experiment a bit, but try to keep his old style.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I propose we add Ms. Tal Wilkenfeld into the competition. She can definitely give Les a challenge, and I really haven't heard enough of the other guy (or Iron Maiden in general) to give an opinion on him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA <---about 1:15 is where her solo starts. It takes a lot to upstage Jeff Beck, but she does it....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Last edited by Wulver at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by urik
Don't know... It would bring a huge change in the Iron Maiden style.
The Trooper and Run To The Hills for example, wouldn't be the same if he didn't stick to the root notes.
However, stuff like "Fear Of The Dark" and "Ghost Of The Navigator" could sound cool with a bit of variation in bass.
He should experiment a bit, but try to keep his old style.

Yeah, that's because The Trooper and Run To The Hills are both pretty "meh" songs.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie