In the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game Sonic the Hedgehog 3, there is a bastard of a level called Carnival Night. I have NEVER gotten past this level (w/out) cheats. i alway got to one part and got stuck in a little room and had to wait until time ran out so i could start over and try to figure out this mutha again. it never worked for me. EVER. i gave up.

Now, years later, i have, for god knows what reason, gotten the urge to defeat this game that haunted my youth. So this time, i did my research, and found a video on AOL showing someone beating it.

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj-HLCwU1EI&eurl=http://video.aol.com/video-detail/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-carnival-night-zone-tails/2777343442

Now at 6:12, tails gets to the room. If you have played this game, you know how frustrating it was when you first got there. Now he gets out by using the basic principal i figured i would have to use to get out, but i could never figure out how to do it.

To Summarize:
Help me UG: how do you get the spinning red/white cylinder to bounce up and down that high? Its just...im baffled.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
I stopped playing Sonic 3 because I couldn't beat this level. That was over 8-9 years ago.

Why do you mock my defeat?

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
OMG I was stuck on this part as well for six years.

The trick is you don't jump at all, you just press up and down.

Sega kinda sh*t the bed on that one
Quote by Sublime Stylee

The trick is you don't jump at all, you just press up and down.

This.
It's not that hard. I played that when I was in 2nd grade. You just press up and down.

The Marble Garden Zone (really any Zone with the word Marble in Sonic games) was the real b*tch.
Madcap, the Carnival level is possibly the hardest Sonic level there is. Labyrinths, Marble Gardens, and all of those underwater levels don't compare!
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
rotate the D-pad counterclockwise maybe? or you have to time the right and left while hes spinning.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Yep they were right, just push up and down. Took me and my bro a while to figure it out at the time.

Have fun playing Sonic. Later.
Quote by darkstar2466
Madcap, the Carnival level is possibly the hardest Sonic level there is. Labyrinths, Marble Gardens, and all of those underwater levels don't compare!
I never had any trouble with them. But the hardest thing ever in Sonic games are the Boss battles on his DS games.

But I forgot about the Labyrinth Zone on the first game. That level sucked ass. I think that's the most difficult level out of all his Sega Genesis games.
i always tried jumping but it never worked. But thank you, i will try this.

and i agree with darkstar. the labyrinth was hard (i was scared of drowning and i hated not being able to move as fast as normal), but i beat it. I could just NEVER get through this. I doubted that it would be beaten, and thought that maybe the sega people were making me get the game genie to beat it.

8 year olds making conspiracies ftw

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

Last edited by no1flyhalf at Mar 17, 2008,
I literally spent DAYS trying different ways to jump high enough to get it to let me through, eventually I just found out the cheat for debug mode and went by that way haha.

Aside from that little bit the hardest level is probably either scrap brain from the first game or the end level in sonic and knuckles. also i always hated the last level in sonic 2
On topic of Sega Genesis, did anyone play Alladin? That was one of my favorite games. Same with X-Men 2.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
On topic of Sega Genesis, did anyone play Alladin? That was one of my favorite games. Same with X-Men 2.
darkstar2466, I didn't know you have a vagina....

I kid...
Quote by The Madcap
darkstar2466, I didn't know you have a vagina....

I kid...

So what if I liked sissy games!?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
actually, i could never beat alladin either. I got to fighting jafar ONCE, but i died quickly, and didnt want to do the whole damn game again, so i gave up.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

I beat Alladin quite a few times. X-Men 2 was pretty hard for me, it got crazy, especially if you picked someone weak like Storm.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
And all those suppressed memories return...

Now I want to play super buster brothers.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Dude I completed that game when I was seven, it's just basically running right for the entire game.

However it's still awesome.

EDIT

Have you EVER played a console platformer before?

You hold up and down depending on what direction you're going, duh...
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I never knew you could press up and down either. What I did was use the checkpoint mini game to get a bubble, turn turbo on and bounce like a mofo. Normally you would slip down the side leaving you a good 2 - 3 minutes to finish the level.
Alternate between holding up and down in time with the rotating cylinder.

I thought everyone knew this?

Ah well, kudos on playing an epic game though!

Sonic was my hero when I was a little kid (yesterday)
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
You're always a little kid in my book metacarpi.

EDIT: *hands metacarpi a ten dollar bill and tells him to go buy candy and ice cream*
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Mar 17, 2008,