Hey guys, I bought a new Fender Strat HSS from Guitar Center a month ago. It has a bit of fret buzz on the 5th and 6th strings and I'm getting a bit sick of it. How do I get rid of it or change the action? I was also wonder when I should change the strings it came with. I have spares but I don't have one of those Peg Winders that are supposed to make it so much easier.
change the strings when they get rougher on your fingers, harder to bend, or just go out of tune easily. i would definetely recommend a peg winder. they help so much!
Look, its probably a good idea to get someone else to do mess around with setting up (I'm just assuming you are a beginner, and it could be a good idea to get it set up anyway) but one possible thing that might be wrong is that there may be a bow in the neck. You can have a look down the neck (head next to headstock, have a look to see if there are any curves or humps). If there are, then you need to give the truss rod a bit of a turn. I'm no expert, so you'll need to look up more detail. Google truss rod and strat, or fret buzz.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
I'm definitely a beginner. I don't really have any friends that play guitar that know any more than me so would it be a good idea to take it back to Guitar Center and get it set up?
Guitar Center or wherever you feel like getting it set up. But yes, it is a good idea to get it professionally set up in my opinion. They'll fix neck bow, intonation, all the important stuff and have it ready to rock in no time.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by syk3d
Guitar Center or wherever you feel like getting it set up. But yes, it is a good idea to get it professionally set up in my opinion. They'll fix neck bow, intonation, all the important stuff and have it ready to rock in no time.

Thanks. Do you know much they'll charge? Will they do it right then and there? Sorry for the questions, but I'm a complete newb.