Musically I started out in jazz where the beleif is: it's the note you dont play that are the most profound. There I picked up the habit of playing slow and deliberate. Anyway...just about every riff or solo I write is 30-40-50 beats per minute (I rarely ever have to altenate pick ) is that to damn slow??? hahaha

btw I like to imulate Daivd Gilmore's style
It really depends on what your writing. If your writing a metal solo then yes it is. However for a jazz solo it's alright.

Really it's purely up to you what you want to sound like when you write a solo.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
why dont you take some chords you like or a rhyme or some thing with a higher BPM and start jamming with it?
I don't want to build up my speed. I can play fast enough for any genre (can't shread). i just like way it comes out slow. im more of a "feeling" guitarist. im just asking if thats too slow cause there arnt any "curent" guitarists like that. + the insomina's got me and I refuse to do anything constructive with my time.
Last edited by plucky duck at Mar 17, 2008,
Quote by plucky duck
Musically I started out in jazz where the beleif is: it's the note you dont play that are the most profound. There I picked up the habit of playing slow and deliberate. Anyway...just about every riff or solo I write is 30-40-50 beats per minute (I rarely ever have to altenate pick ) is that to damn slow??? hahaha

btw I like to imulate Daivd Gilmore's style

youre asking like a few thousand metal heads yknow. Ultimate guitar is like 80% Ultimate Metal Guitar Meeting
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
youre asking like a few thousand metal heads yknow. Ultimate guitar is like 80% Ultimate Metal Guitar Meeting

i know hahaha beleive me i know. but i thought it's 11:45 GMT so the brits would have my back.