It's mentioned in "Washington Bullets" by The Clash. But the whole song's not about Tibet. And it's not really a punk song anyway. But it's the only one I can think of...
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
People actually care about Tibet?

I always thought that was just a hippie cliche.

Haha, my aunt goes there like every month to help and stuff. She runs some volunteer business that helps out over there.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Work-Everest-Play-Die - Subhumans

Suicide (A Tibetter way) - Choking Victim

Abominable snowman - Anti-Nowhere league

I'll get my coat
Quote by Joe-Fish
That was quite possibly one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

yeah i know
the lyrics are so dumb
Quote by kurtrip
yeah i know
the lyrics are so dumb

hahahah heideroosjes are kinda lame (uhh ze smelten de paashaas ). live theyre entertaining though.
soymilk please <3
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
People actually care about Tibet?

I always thought that was just a hippie cliche.

I care for them, even though I think it´s opressed, because no nation wants to get in conflict with china, everybody knows they don´t care for human rights or for the tibetan (or any other) culture and the current events brought this to the top, so I opened this thread, and I´m not surprised to see that there are not really many songs about this topic
LOL

that song was so funny!

UNITED IS WHAT WE ARE!

TIBET IS WHAT WE FIGHT FOR!

lool what the ****!

but yeah China pretty much is da king and no one wants to **** with them.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Tibet's situation is declining and China is cracking down much more now. They won't let them practice their religion or culture at all and everyone helping was forced to leave.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Tibet's situation is declining and China is cracking down much more now. They won't let them practice their religion or culture at all and everyone helping was forced to leave.

Hard Times
coming their way.

I am going to use this Cro-mags reference as much as possible in the future.

Then maybe I'll get a life of my own.

Damn, I'm good.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by StreetLight3989

Right. But the rest of the world shouldn´t accept that silently
Quote by StreetLight3989

I actually relate alot to the Dali Lama, politically, so I think that's a main reason for me to want to help.
Quote by lavazza

Well what the **** are YOU gonna do about it? declare war on China?
Quote by Mav-16
Well what the **** are YOU gonna do about it? declare war on China?

There's nothing wrong with supporting a cause.

Granted, there isn't much that can be done about it, but thats no reason to become apathetic.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
There's nothing wrong with supporting a cause.

Granted, there isn't much that can be done about it, but thats no reason to become apathetic.

Meh, but that's the only way you can do anything about it.

and that is not gonna happen lol
Quote by lavazza

Of course not, we definitely should help Tibet out.
Quote by Mav-16
Meh, but that's the only way you can do anything about it.

and that is not gonna happen lol

I think there are no heads of state who really tell China that this is a **** what they´re doing........we can stop selling them weapons.

But the first thing we can do is boycott olympia, now there comes "meh meh meh....that´s sport and no politics". That´s right it´s not politics, that´s an ethic question, if the nations boycott olympia, China would loose it´s propaganda object #1 and the IOC would see that giving the games to countries which don´t care for any rights is stupid and shouldn´t be done.

Compare: The wintergames are in Russia, Sotschi in 2014, the russians will destroy nature protection areas and everywhere in Russia there are governmental supported violent acts against Georgiens etc.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Of course not, we definitely should help Tibet out.

How? Officially, there's nothing happening except civil unrest. Theres jack all the UN can do about it. China will just deny its doing anything except quashing violent riots, which every country has the right to do. How much force China chooses to use, short of genocide, is their choice.
Quote by lavazza
I think there are no heads of state who really tell China that this is a **** what they´re doing........we can stop selling them weapons.

But the first thing we can do is boycott olympia, now there comes "meh meh meh....that´s sport and no politics". That´s right it´s not politics, that´s an ethic question, if the nations boycott olympia, China would loose it´s propaganda object #1 and the IOC would see that giving the games to countries which don´t care for any rights is stupid and shouldn´t be done.

Compare: The wintergames are in Russia, Sotschi in 2014, the russians will destroy nature protection areas and everywhere in Russia there are governmental supported violent acts against Georgiens etc.

Lol... You don't get it do ya?

yeah we can boycott the games, we can stop selling them weapons.

except, we cant.....

when you say "we" you mean THEY as in the Government. Who don't give a **** about any of us and what we say about Tibet or any country, culture whatever.

The U.S. Government makes money of War,(DUH) so they are gonna keep selling weapons to any Country, Terrorist organization etc. thats want to buy weapons. They don't care.
Because they are making Money.

Another reason why they don't care, is simply because they don't want to start a third world war.

If the UN, or US goes in Tibet, and saves all the people of Tibet from the evil Chinese government, China would be like WTF MAN and start shotting at us.

And then a whole world of **** would come...
Quote by Mav-16

The U.S. Government makes money off War

Not this time.

We're kinda in massive debt, and our economy is, how you say, not so good.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

Not this time.

We're kinda in massive debt, and our economy is, how you say, not so good.

the economy sucks for the majority of the people, but Major Corporations always make profit one way or the other.

and we are in debt to china like in thebillions or something right?

then that makes all the more sense actually.....
Quote by Mav-16
yeah we can boycott the games, we can stop selling them weapons.

boycott the games is in the hnd of the athletes or the NOCs........just imagine Games without all the stars, no Asafa Powell no Justin Gatlin (or did he do dope already) and all of the basketballers stay at home, no Michael Phelps......it would be a disaster
Quote by smokin_joe
How? Officially, there's nothing happening except civil unrest. Theres jack all the UN can do about it. China will just deny its doing anything except quashing violent riots, which every country has the right to do. How much force China chooses to use, short of genocide, is their choice.

I know, I know, but the individual person can do something about it. I mean they're going door to door in Tibet asking for Monks and taking them as political prisoners. Somebody has to help this situation.
Quote by StreetLight3989
I know, I know, but the individual person can do something about it. I mean they're going door to door in Tibet asking for Monks and taking them as political prisoners. Somebody has to help this situation.

Who's gonna fight the system?
You, me, or f*cking no one!?
Quote by StreetLight3989

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. Something should be done. But in this day and age, the governments in the West just don't care. Most western governments turned their backs on Rwanda when the genocide there was occuring, and they are still turning their backs on Darfur and Sudan. Do you think they care about a little issue of political protest and riot?

This problem is compounded by the nation doing the persecuting. All China has to do if the US tries to interfere is threaten to place tariffs on US trade exports out of the manufacturing industry in China, and America will run away with its tail between its legs. China has too much trade power to argue with.

However, if the US takes this to the UN, things might change. In Australia, theres only so much we can do, because of our relatively small spot on the world map. However, if you guys in America petition your congresspeople about this issue, it will show themthat you care about it, and it could just get taken that step further.
Quote by smokin_joe
However, if the US takes this to the UN, things might change. In Australia, theres only so much we can do, because of our relatively small spot on the world map. However, if you guys in America petition your congresspeople about this issue, it will show themthat you care about it, and it could just get taken that step further.

You can make China lose nearly their whole Oceania market .
But seriously......I agree with you, but this cannot be an excuse and I agree that extreme steps are maybe contraproductive, but the little things we can do......If Gordon Brown, George Bush, Nicolas Sarkozy, Dmitri Medwedew and Angela Merkel tell them in a diplomatic but misunderstandable way that they should behave and if they want to occupy the country to accept pluralism, then a first step is done.
I don't think this is about them accepting Tibetan buddhism, its about the monks rallying against Chinese occupation. Which causes issues for China, which means that the most effective method of quashing rebellion is stamping out Buddhism in Tibet. If the UN is to do anything, it should basically tell China to get the **** out of Tibet.

Since the USSR is no longer an issue, and America is still cautious enough to point a few ICBMS through China's letterbox, they should accept that if the UN puts a "peacekeeping" force there. Peacekeeping force and CIA operatives, I know, but if thats the only way to get China out of dodge, so be it.
Quote by smokin_joe

Since the USSR is no longer an issue, and America is still cautious enough to point a few ICBMS through China's letterbox, they should accept that if the UN puts a "peacekeeping" force there. Peacekeeping force and CIA operatives, I know, but if thats the only way to get China out of dodge, so be it.

But this is even more utopian.......I wish they hadn´t ever gone to Tibet, but a peaceful co-existence should be possible between two people
Quote by smokin_joe
I don't think this is about them accepting Tibetan buddhism, its about the monks rallying against Chinese occupation. Which causes issues for China, which means that the most effective method of quashing rebellion is stamping out Buddhism in Tibet. If the UN is to do anything, it should basically tell China to get the **** out of Tibet.

Why so... troops go in and start killing and then every American protests that too???
UN peacekeeping forces don't kill people, (usually). They're there as more of a show of force. And the CIA people would provide the rebels with the means of overthrowing the Chinese. And yes, I know thats what the Taliban was to the USSR, but the US isn't one to think about past mistakes. Iraq is proof of that.

So basically, because the CIA wouldn't officially be anywhere near Tibet, it would be a miraculous effort on behalf of tibetan rebels to overthrow the Chinese government.

I ain't sayin' its right , its just how it is.